• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Hun - F-100 Super Sabre (Revell 1/72) *FINISHED*

No, I think it deserves that praise. Like he said: you nailed it! Now you just have to add some blue staining to complete the effect. Tamiya makes a weathering powder with just the right color.

I think it's going to get redone...I don't think I'm going to be happy w/ the pattern. Though the other voice in my head says just move along as it was a cheap kit and not worth getting bogged down too much in details.

Actually I might just try adding a couple more radial passes, maybe that'll be enough.

Last edited:
Did a couple more passes. The color of the burnt iron was a little different (also wasn't quite as thin), which I suspect may have been due to the sealer that was applied over the initial application. It all still worked in the end. I few more radial bands and a little more color variation. I'm going to call this good for now.

I noticed last night I buggered up pretty bad. :bang head For some reason I thought I saw seams on the canopy for a rib.....yeah, the "rib" doesn't exist. So once I get the decals finished up I'll have to deal with that. I suspect I'll have to sand it out and try to polish the canopy. Worst case if that doesn't work I'll end up just blacking it out and not worrying about it. I'll be a little disappointed if it comes to that, but I don't think it's bad enough to bin it. Fortunately the cockpit isn't terribly visible or all that detailed, so worst case I'm not losing much.

Last edited:
Got the decals finished up this weekend. I'll have more to report once I get the overcoat on, then I can start on fixing my canopy debacle.

Back