• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 Gray Camouflage Update

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 The Rise Of The Machines

Time well spent all around. I like how your doing up contrasting colors on these. Looking forward to seeing them come together.

:v

Well done! Run up, fire both barrels, peek out the hatch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e1hZGDaqIw

It needs a Nahwerteidigungsgeshutzwaffe!! A twice-barrel shoot gun!

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 Camouflage Update

Thanks everyone!

I've made progress, just didn't post any photos, so let's fix that. This is the first build I've used AK Interactive Real Colors exclusively and I have to say it's really nice! No stink, sprays smoothly and you can thin it with several different thinners.

hdc62458.JPG

h7abacb1.JPG

Since this a horse of a different color type of build, let's use the light and shadow, disc camo scheme. I bought this mask set from Uschi so long ago, I don't remember when. :laugh:
The masks are flexible and easy to use.

h54adf9f.JPG

h22408e0.JPG

I wound up cutting a short piece and moved it along as I went. The rotbraun and olivgrun stripes are painted over the dunkelgelb base, then dunkelgelb is sprayed over the mask, which creates the discs. I think it's pretty cool.

hfcfdd61.JPG

he91b1f6.JPG

More to come, stay tuned for an update in gray. Thanks for coming by.

:drinks

That's just COOL! :soldier :salute
The oil stains on the road wheels look awesome!
(y)

Liking this little guy more and more Mike . A lot of character . (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 Camouflage Update

I'm liking the way this is turning out Mike. Nice (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks guys, there's a learning curve to the masks, but it's OK for a first attempt. So next up, the gray unit from die Rote Katze division.

h4a9d36f.JPG

hd17b6b2.JPG

h490fbdb.JPG

hce2bfb9.JPG

h6b27afe.JPG

The mini guns from the Legend set look cool, but have a bend in both sets of barrels that just doesn't want to straighten. I used hot water, thought I had it, but I still see the bend. Oh well, this was just for fun anyways. The Rote Katze decals came from an old Hasegawa kit and the tools from the spares bin.

More to come, little by little. Bill says thanks for coming by!

h868d492.jpeg

:drinks

Totally Kick-A!!!
I really like that disk camo...and now you got me thinking :hmmm
The twin minis came out nice and I don't see the bend myself. But I noticed this is happening a lot more often with Legend Production products of late...not a good sign. Looking forward to seeing the weather process.
:v

An interesting take on an armored, mobile, Kreissage 2.0/Puff the Magic Dragon for Herr Rommel's division. Imagine what it would look like firing in the dark!
:notworthy
(y)

Back