• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 Gray Camouflage Update

Das Werk Panzerkleinzerstorer "Rutscher" ETO 1946

Thanks Chris! It's an interesting subject that has lots of room for enhancement.

Here's a few more photos.

hdc5efe8.JPG

h2097571.JPG

h5da183b.JPG

hd8c2939.JPG

The kit tracks are okay, Friulmodel makes a set for Sd.Kfz.250 ATL-50, that a friend told me is an exact match, but only comes with 90 links. The Rutscher takes 51 per side. :(
I've built one side top down and the other side bottom up, the bottom up went easier. Would have been even easier if I hadn't glued the idlers in place for paint. :facepalm Live and learn.

Thanks for coming by, more to come.

:drinks

No pin jamming required here. The holes are much larger than the thin end of the tapered pin, so they will fall right where you want them.

h85a6890.JPG

hefa8300.JPG

Fender number two went much smoother, doesn't it always?

ha7602c1.JPG

Here's a mock up, nothing glued in place yet. I've got two guns, one for each of you.

h633cd12.JPG

h1b024b3.JPG

hba1b600.JPG

hb9094ca.JPG

Rutscher II is for close infantry support, so I added armored shields for the intakes and a set of schurzen leftover from a Tamiya Hetzer. The brackets are scratch built from styrene, bolt heads were punched from sheet goods.

hef49cec.JPG

h5951a84.JPG

Much more to come, thanks for dropping by. :drinks

Sweet job soldiering, I gotta get one of those rigs. :good:

Well thought out an really Neat! Room enough for all the odd-ball stowage a Rutscher crew might wish for too!
Do dat be dat Vehrmaakt twice-bale shoot-gun den? Dun tol' you too-times troo!
:salute :ro: :soldier

NICE JOB on them micro tanks! The schurzen really adds to the overall appearance. Can't wait to see what camo you have in mind.
:v

Thanks, guys. The ceramic honeycomb soldering jig is pretty handy, comes in several sizes, can be used to glue up parts with liquid cement and is very affordable. Got mine off ebay. Of course, you don't want to drop it.

The ceramic board looks like something I could really use a lot! Does it come with the pins? Is Ebay the only place to get them?

I've spent many hours making jigs and that looks like it would do the job in most cases!

It's called a Ceramic honeycomb soldering jig?

Bob

Thanks guys! Yes, the ceramic honeycomb soldering jig comes with pins. I found mine on ebay, seems like I posted a link. They are inexpensive and very effective.
Heat goes through it, so make sure you have something under it that won't burn easily.

Camo next weekend. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks guys. Having a lot of fun with these. :mpup

Bob here is one.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MABGDNU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A3Q1UGNAZ4Y6LO&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JCS22PF/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A2ZNITNUJH6VZD&psc=1
James

Bob here is one.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MABGDNU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A3Q1UGNAZ4Y6LO&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JCS22PF/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A2ZNITNUJH6VZD&psc=1
James

Thanks Mike and James!

Looks interesting! Like something I could really use!

Bob

Thanks James, glad you like the models.

The model is looking good!

(y)

h385f9f8.jpg

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 The Rise Of The Machines

Thanks to all who took time to look. B) I decided I'd had enough of the adult world for awhile, so my wife and I played hooky. We installed a new dishwasher in our kitchen, then I hit the bench. The gray Rutscher got some enhancements in the form of some gray mottling, borrowed from the Luftwaffe.

h4e44ee4.JPG

While that was drying, I set upon the second, wrapping it in Dunkelgelb from AK Interactive Real Colors. These spray smoothly and are tough as nails.

h284bad0.JPG

After the base coat had dried some, I installed the tracks and road wheels. Being link and length, a little trial and error made the second set easy peasy. The kit tracks were sprayed with black Stynylrez primer, followed by Tamiya Burnt Iron.

h5d98995.JPG

h7e50173.JPG

Touching up the areas that the liquid cement attacked was easy too and the fenders were mocked up to see how it looks.

h2ad8bbf.JPG

hae72c56.JPG

Brothers from different mothers?

h485732e.JPG

h2180dd0.JPG

So other than the dishwasher installation, a trip to the grocery and making dinner two nights, the entire weekend was bench, football and watching movies with my wife. Man, what could be better than that?

Thanks for dropping in, much more to come.

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 The Rise Of The Machines

I like the way these are coming along Mike (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back