• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Russian Stealth Helicopter "Black Ghost" 1/72

Swordsman

It's about time I got this one going ...

h1d32d37_2016-05-04.JPG

hcf642d0.JPG

h77a1920.JPG

The kit is opened ... the Styrene smells very Fresh ... I can't wait to dig in .... :woohoo: (y) :woohoo:

Warren Mil & Kamov are working on a design ... This is to be a KA-58 ... Kamov, was working on a helicopter with a coaxial rotor, where two main rotors are mounted above the fuselage and rotate in opposite directions. there is a on-going development of a 5th generation stealth Helo ... very hush hush on the net ... the model company got a hold of the plans ... the thing is on hold right now ... all I know.

Shades of Air wolf !!!

I also found this ....

Ka-58 was first introduced by the Russian model manufacturer Zvezda in 2000 the main reason behind it is the development of the anti American RAH-66 scout helicopter program the Ka-58 represents early concept of the development of the new Russian Attack Helicopter Complex that is believed to make its first flight in 2016 almost 27 years after the development started in the late 80's the armament of the Black Ghost consist of 8 laser guided missiles of unknown type in two Internal bays 16 × 9K121 Vikhr 2 × Vympel R-73 and 80 × 80 mm S-8 rockets and 20 × 122 mm S-13 rockets on 3 pylons on each wing, the German model manufacturer Revell repacks the same Ka-58 model. later it was adopted in the computer game Act of War: High Treason, the Consortium faction operates this dedicated stealth hunter-killer helicopter.

There could be one flying this year ... Who knows the Shadow does !!!

Thanks Tim ... I'll see if I can build it ... I can count on one hand the number of choppers I've built :drinks

Ok I started this thing this morning ... Between working on My electronics Projects (On30 Shay) ... Started working on the Pit ...

h20989dd.JPG

Assembled I/P ... Ready for paint ...

h3f29881.JPG

Painted light Gray ... will work on the details tonight ...

h8fc86e0.JPG

Primmer light Gray ... Next photo painted Polly Scale UP Dark Harbour Gray camera changed the color level ...

hd036a84.JPG

Then I assembled and painted the office ... Yes I see the large Pin mark I filled it and am waiting for the putty to dry ...

Thanks for looking in ... Gerry ... :drinks

Thanks Luiz ... I need a decal for my center console ... I'll see if I have something in my spares ...

I wonder if the Russians got their stealth technology from China who I'm sure analyzed the crashed stealth hawk from the Bin Laden raid!

Tim

I find there are lots of similarities between ours & theirs ... Someone's screwing the Pooch ... :drinks

Back