• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rumpler C.IV Scarab

jknaus

Administrator
Okay I have started my next one. A Rumpler C.IV by Wing Nut Wings.

main.png

And this plane.

Rumpler%20C.IV%208037~17,%20Scarab,%20mid%20to%20late%201918.jpg

Pictures tomorrow I hope, the wood is all applied and now some fine painting and assembly when dry.

James

I like both versions but why does a german plane have english writing on it? Other than the obvious which I just thought of as I typed this, so the enemy can read it! :rotf

Should be good James!

Okay here is what I have managed to accomplish. Got the wood done and it isnt too bad. Woke up saw the fresh layer of snow and went to the shop to do some more. Got the instruments painted and then the decals on. If anyone else does this model I highly recommend you separate the instrument cluster decals and apply separately. I didnt until too late and I am not pleased with how they came out. It is very difficult to position a decal over 6 or more areas at once especially as they have protrusions you have to line up holes to. But its on. From now on I separate and apply.

DSC03897.JPG

DSC03899.JPG

DSC03900.JPG

DSC03902.JPG

James

Thanks guys. appreciate it.
Ryan I painted the cloth colour I was going to use, Buff in this case. Then the "wood" parts had Burnt Umber oil paint applied. Then I just dry brushed the excess off, wiping the brush on paper towel after ever couple of strokes. I did this until I got to the darkness I wanted. On the floor I dry-brushed different directions for each section of floor. Always go one direction. So far it has worked for me.
James

Everything just sitting in place. I noticed the bomb nay doors are kind of slopped on the sides, but the bomb rack should hide this anyways. Still working on the pit and the seat has a vallejo Saddle Leather base. Will use oil paints to liven it up. Still have some touch ups and some detailing to do then some weathering.

DSC03908.JPG

DSC03907.JPG

DSC03906.JPG

Fun fact. These birds could loiter at 20K feet for around 5 hours. The Pilot and observer wore electrically heated suits. It could carry a big camera or a big wireless set.

James

I like the wood effect James . Came out really nice .

Did this bird also have Oxygen ? That seems like a along time at 20 K.

Cheers , Christian B)

Back