• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rumpler C.IV Scarab

Havent got as much accomplished as I would have liked. Radio done. Bomb bay in. Need to do some touching up and put in seat belts and observers seat sling still.

DSC03923.JPG

DSC03922.JPG

Comments critiques welcome.
James

Beautiful work James, I will try to look in over the next couple of months, depends if the guys get internet in the shacks. :)

James

Thanks guys. HAvent had a lot of time to build. I pulled out some plastic rod and made spark plugs. It was hard to find ref photos as most seem to be for the Gothas. As far as I can tell the plugs could be either side or 2 on one side. The couple of pics I found lead me to believe that its the 2 on one side arrangement especially as the phenolic tubes for the ignition loom are both on the left. I also just had to see how it was turning out and so taped the fuse together and put on the observers turtleback. I like it.

DSC03938.JPG

DSC03939.JPG

DSC03940.JPG

DSC03941.JPG

DSC03942.JPG

DSC03943.JPG

James

Engine is done and installed. I'll let it dry a bit then give it a quick wash. Not thrilled with the wiring but oh well. Very little will be seen once it is buttoned up. I do have a water hose to touch up also from looking at the pics. Cant believe they even give you a thermostat decal for the water pipe.

DSC03948.JPG

DSC03947.JPG

DSC03946.JPG

DSC03945.JPG

James

Back