• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden DH-2

As I have reminded folks on several sites: We are boys playing. with toys.

When I came back to building in 2004,I posted on a well known site, explaining that this was my first kit in 30+ years and was soundly belittled as amateurish. I haven't gone back there again. The caste(s) system is supported by people who have low self-esteem and can only feel good by denigrating someone else.

Paddy, this is superb work.

Saul
The difference is we get constructive debate and criticism/praise here. My dad used to say, i will give you advice, its up to you if you take it. :)

Rhino . if you liked the Bentely blower build you will love my next build starting in a week or so........:Drinks:

The video is a hoot! Your Spitfire and Hurri builds are super cool, but that preference for the esoteric affected my personal choice.

There's usually some know-it-all sonofabitch that spoils the fun for everyone else. I notice these iceholes also don't make many models and hate their hobby as much as they hate their very lives. The deserve a poke in the beezer, but civilized folk avoid the misdemeanor charge and court costs a satisfying punch in the face might incur. Still...............

Somewhere on here is a posting about how Hobby Robbie and I conspired to get one over on such Basitges.
The 1/72 scale F-4FW Wildwolf model. Rob built the kit and I wrote the bullschtein story. Such jackwagons fell for our baloney like a ton of bricks!
We did fall into disfavor with people we couldn't care less about.

I love this flything thing, I always did, it looks so weired and yours is a dream.

and for you ranting - I can anly agree completely as it is the same here in Germany and I don't post on any german sides anymore and don't go to any clubs here anymore or do any shows here (only as a visitor but not as a presenter anymore).

I still do also post on a british forum where from my point of view everyone is realy welcomed and there are also very nice people there even some youngsters.

When I came back to building in 2004,I posted on a well known site, explaining that this was my first kit in 30+ years and was soundly belittled as amateurish.
You shouldn't have to disclose it was your first kit in 30+ years. Anyone belittling another is idiocy as the idea of groups are support and respect. If you were enjoying the kit and proud enough to post, WTF?

Last edited:
Back