• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden DH-2

End of the week round up

_DSC8165_01.JPG

Basic wing rigging is done, needs some tensioning at some point.

I have added some micro tube to the inside of the fuselage frame to help with rigging.

_DSC8149.JPG

These frames have no fittings to the tail which is quite heavy and relies on just butting up and glueing.....
so i have added some steel pins and corresponding holes on the wing and tail skid ... This is 0.3mm so you need a steady hand to drill :) .

_DSC8150.JPG

_DSC8154.JPG

Mutual admeration Rino , i love the care and time and enthusiasm you put in to you models and molds. :cool:

Today i joined the front to the back and found another limitation of the model.
Basically the ladder fuselage is not really strong enough , its made of very soft 1.2mm plastic and sags :) under its own weight.
If i built another i would knock up a brass tube affair to replace it but sometimes you have to accept it is what it is.

_DSC8171.JPG

That's what I'd like to do with the Bell 47 "Mash" chopper, if I ever get around to it.

Press on Paddy! :popcorn

I think i need to apply some decals before i continue with the rigging or its going to get tricky

Attachments

• _DSC8183.JPG
    _DSC8183.JPG
    380.1 KB · Views: 18
Does the rigging lend any rigidity to the big model? A bit of weight in the nose, perhaps? Metal machine gun? :bm:
Excellent build as usual!

Does the rigging lend any rigidity to the big model? A bit of weight in the nose, perhaps? Metal machine gun? :bm:
Excellent build as usual!
not with EZline. I got some wire I want to try on one of my future builds that will help the landing gear.

Back