• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Ju88 A1 in 1/32 scale

@paddy Was that oil or old gas in the carburetor float? It almost looks like oil. As to the master cylinder, yeah I bet that the one in my old bug is something like that. When I unhooked all the feeder and brake lines, The front feeder just had a plug of rust in it. The rear part though had clean ( at least it LOOKED clean) brake fluid in it. I am planning on replacing the lines, but if the main line to the rear is clean and has no crud in it, I might let it be.
I don't mind the divergence from topics at least in my threads. Makes things interesting and you never know what new tidbit of info you might learn.

OK paul, always happy to delete for ant reason :) that is typical of a carb that was left with fuel in it, it was probably stored with the fuel tap left on so as it evaporated it was continually refilled and thats just petrol with all the good stuff removed :)

Finally here are some NEW build photos. I decided that I liked the new Quinta decals so much better than the old Eduard PE ( :poop: poop extrusions :bigrin: ) That it was pull things apart and replace them. I think you will probably agree that there is a marked improvement.

RR Ju88a1-083.jpg

RR Ju88a1-084.jpg

RR Ju88a1-085.jpg

RR Ju88a1-086.jpg

RR Ju88a1-087.jpg

RR Ju88a1-088.jpg

RR Ju88a1-089.jpg

This is all that has been done at this point as I have been busy with things that HAD to get done in a timely fashion.

3D-Cheersmate.gif
Cheers!

I thought I would have worked on this enough to say I did something this week as I have been on vacation all week. Instead been working on my '07 Corolla. Replaced the motor mounts, changed the oil and while it was drained, I pulled the oil pan and resealed it as it was leaking a little. Finally last nite ( yeah been working on it in the wee hours as it is COOLER) I replaced the front rotors and brake pads. The rotors were very worn and I was starting to get a little steering vibration once in a while when braking.
So I am sitting here drained as I spent the night replacing the front brake rotors and pads on my little Corolla. The rotors were a bear to get off, but luckily I spent the $$ a while back and got the 10ton hydraulic puller and that is what it took to yank them beasties off. I had to get those rotors replaced as they were worn enough that the brakes were doing some things they shouldn't. All good now, and all stiff, sore, bruised, and tired as been working on that car all week. Maybe I can do a little this weekend still. Got the BIG JOB done for now so yay!
3D-bash head.gif

It seems that I spend part of what I would be saving on tools, but then the next time it goes much faster and easier. I originally bought the BIG wheel puller just in case I needed it on the bug restoration. It really was the only way I was able to get the rotors off. It was actually scary as I didn't want to damage something else, but after doing some research I was doing it the right way. The rotors had a 1/8th inch surface band around the center hub that was tight and rusted. After setting the puller on the rotor. (should have taken a photo damn) 3 pumps and the rotor just flexed. 🤯
On the fourth pump the whole mess popped loose and launched on to the floor with a loud bang. The puller alone weighs about 15 pounds, and I had some 4x4s under it in case it did what it did.
Here is what the puller looks like and how big it is.
64982_W3.jpg
Setting this up is like holding a big dead heavy spider.

10 ton puller.jpg

Glad it is done. Now to rest and relax the rest of the weekend.

Sleepy Bunny.gif

Ah proper tool
I had something similar for pulling the flywheels of Ducati engines. Clamp it on, wind the centre in to load up the middle then sock the end with hammer. An almighty gun shot and the flywheel, puller and some skin would rocket across the garage and chip a hole in the brickwork opposite....happy days :)

Ah proper tool
I had something similar for pulling the flywheels of Ducati engines. Clamp it on, wind the centre in to load up the middle then sock the end with hammer. An almighty gun shot and the flywheel, puller and some skin would rocket across the garage and chip a hole in the brickwork opposite....happy days :)
You should see my McPherson strut compressor. It is way beyond the little hook thingies that they sell that just hook on to the spring. To start with you loosen the nut while it is in the car, like 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Then remove the strut and place the whole strut from the lower spring cradle to the top bearing/support between the upper lower parts of the compressor. Snug up the compressor till it "starts" to compress the spring. Remove the nut, and slowly loosen the two large nuts on the compressor till everything falls apart. Way safer than the spring scrunchies, and quicker.

Back