• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/72 Me 1099 and friends

razordws

I was originally just going to do just the Me 1099 for this GB but as I was going to do the Me 1099B for a GB on another site I decided I would just do them both together. I also decided to throw in a Heller Me 262B just for the fun of it.

Revell04301P1099.jpg

revell_p1099b.jpg

01ME1099.jpg

02ME1099.jpg

All three of these kits were given to me by a buddy several years ago. They were all bagged with the major parts removed from the sprue and had the interior parts painted cockpit green. :hmmm

Okay, so family over Easter and a minor injury at work has found me waaaay behind on this but we'll see what we can do with the time remaining.

I've managed to finish off the interiors and as of today I am moving on to closing up the fuselages and major assembly. Hope to have that all done in the next couple of days and move on to paint quickly. Hopefully there will not be too much FSR.

Me 1099 Rev

01ME1099-1.jpg

02ME1099-1.jpg

Me 1099B Rev

01ME1099B.jpg

02ME1099B.jpg

Me 262B Heller

01ME262.jpg

02ME262.jpg

Quick update. Been gluing like crazy and I have most of the major assembly done. Canopies have been futured and are drying over night. Need to sort the nose weights out tomorrow and then on to the FSR. The Heller kit is the worst and there are some areas on the Revell kits that will need attention. If I hadn't rushed the assembly I might have been able to lesson some of the gaps but either way its a pain.

Heller 262B
03ME262.jpg

Me 1099... glued some styrene into the gap in the nacelles.
03ME1099.jpg

Me 1099B... popped the front seam trying to get the underside piece in with the nose gear bay so the elastic band is holding it together again.
03ME1099B.jpg

Group shot...
03ME1099.jpg

Hope to get these ready for paint sometime on the weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Bottoms up!

04ME1099.jpg

Wife is gone until Sunday so upper camo and future tomorrow morning. Decals by late evening and landing gear and fiddly bits Sunday! :eek:hmy:

I may be in denial but I still think I can pull this off. :java

Thanks guys.

After a moment of pure panic this morning I managed to get the first top coat colour on. I started painting and then realized my air compressor wasn't kicking in. :vmad

After checking the power source and connections I took the cover off and checked the fuze, yep looked okay, so now what??? :hmmm In desperation I gave the cooling fan a spin (directly connected to the motor shaft), plugged it back in and vrroooooom! Yeah! :mpup

05ME1099.jpg

What a truly cool collection of Luft 46. I didnt even know they made all these kits. What a treat. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Just needed a little kick start?

That jet in the middle, what's it's deal, looks like to very nasty cannons sticking out the back of the cockpit?

MP, The German name for it is Schräge Musik which I think translates to something like "Jazz Music". The idea was to attack the bombers from underneath, firing upwards as most of the RAF bombers had no ventral defenses. The Bomber crews would not even see them until they started getting shelled. I think there were some Ju 88's and other aircraft fitted with similar upward firing canons.

James, Revel came out some pretty cool Luft 46' kits back in the 80's and 90's and are starting to re-pop some of them. If you haven't seen the Arado E 555 check it out.

http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=2&L=1&page=2&sort=0&nc=1&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=af921480ddd15f40bc90ff316b55f46c&KZSLPG=&offset=11&cmd=show&ARARTN=04367&sp=1

Not sure MP. Don't know much about them.

Okay, had some major paint lift in a couple of spots but I patched them up and they'll be ready for decals tomorrow.

06ME1099.jpg

Back