• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/48 Do 217 (redux)

Paulw

I have a little difficulties with losing parts so the P-40 is awaiting a set of resin wheels courtesy of NSMEKANIC . While it waits I wanted to tackle the Dornier again and see if I could repair the glitches I have in the kit. I filled and sanded the wings again and filled one wing root because of the ever present gaps. I also too about two hours out of my day to mask the green houses and they aren't done. So I thought I would goive you a glimpse of what is transpiring.
IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

Now I am really in a bind with the camo I want to do but I need about 6 lbs of spaghetti to do it .

Looking good. If you have a fine tip airbrush and patience spaghetti can be done freehand with quite satisfying results. Looking forward to seeing this in paint (y) (y) (y)
James

Perfect - I have this model as well, so now I will have a good position to see all gaps and places which are need special attention (y)

I sure Hope it come out well Hubert. So far it isn't that bad of a kit and I rather like it. but be careful of short shot canopies and the nose glazing that has ho port for the forward firing MG. Jus take caution is all. Happy building.

I wish you guys would cut this . I have a DO 17 and a hand full of DO 217's that I would like to build but are not near the top of the list yet :vmad

Too many things to build and not enough time :S

Cheers, Christian B)

I would say that's quite accurate. I have several unfinished projects now the I'm getting ready to button up and several other long range projects but I still can't do but one at a time and have a good finished product.

Wish I could do more than one at a time but there are two many things to consider. :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

I would say that's quite accurate. I have several unfinished projects now the I'm getting ready to button up and several other long range projects but I still can't do but one at a time and have a good finished product.

Wish I could do more than one at a time but there are two many things to consider. :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)
Dont sweat it my friend, I have a short attention span.

Back