• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Replacement wheels for Dragons #6403 Panther F

joseph

Hi!

First time poster long time reader! (Hey Noel, it's Tiny)

I'm in the search of replacement steel wheels for a panther, I thought I was good at searching the net but I have not found anything.

I'm missing 6 wheels, 2 inner wheels and 4 outer wheels. Seems like the cleaning lady thought it was trash!! :angry:

So if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful!

/Joseph "Tiny"

Hi Joseph.

A couple things might work for you here. First is to try some of the Asian mail order sites. I know that some of them used to sell individual sprues for Tamiya kits. And a wheel is a wheel, so you should be able to use a set of Tamiya steel wheels on just about anything with just a little modification. But I also believe that some of these mail order companies have discontinued or are intermittent on availability of this service, so you may have to check a couple of them out. And I would suggest you contact them to ask if they do this if you can't find anywhere on their site that they are offering them. The other choices are if someone has a spare set of kit wheels they might send you, or if you have the ability, to make molds and cast your own replacements from those that you do still have.

Gary B)

Something you might try. Here in Eastern Ontario Canada there is a distributor who sells individual parts trees (aka sprues) to modellers who have bought a kit with damaged or missing parts or who are scratch-building something. Perhaps the distributor in your area will do the same for you. Alternatively, you could contact Dragon and tell them what parts you need and they might just send them to you. I did that for some parts I needed for a 1/32 scale Lindberg PT boat I was building and Lindberg sent me the parts.

Cheers from Peter

As it turns out, when I brought the tank to the modeling club here on Malta, Alex could do resin molds of the wheels for me.

I didn't have to look to far for the solution!

Thanks for the suggestions!

/Joseph

Back