• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Panzerspahwagen P204 (f) Update 3/1/17

Dragon Panzerspahwagen P204 (f) Update 2/7/17

The highlights on the panels was an excellent idea; it really added to this. I'm taking notes. Way to go Mike!

Dragon Panzerspahwagen P204 (f) Update 2/7/17

Thanks, guys,I appreciate the comments! This morning, I added a blue filter to the beastie. I've had this panzer gray weathering set in the drawer for several years and hadn't had the occasion to use it, but I have to say I like it very much.

IMG_8989.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8990.JPG

It toned down the highlights and added some richness to the flat grays. I'll let it dry and then gloss coat it for the markings and washes. Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Dragon Panzerspahwagen P204 (f) Update 2/11/17

Thank you, my friends! There's been way too much life going on here and I haven't taken time to post photos, but there has been progress.

I started the weathering process and just blew right through it.

IMG_9017.JPG

A variety of oils and pigments added the used factor and I managed to work around the antenna without much mishap.

IMG_9018.JPG

IMG_9019.JPG

IMG_9020.JPG

I did add a length of chain and a spares box hook, proving once again, I can't build one out of the box! :laugh:

IMG_9021.JPG

Here's a couple of the reference photos I drew inspiration from, for discussion purposes only (of course!)

07a88e378021b1ece95858b2369063d3.jpg

i406377.jpg

new18.jpg

Maybe a little more smutz here and there and we'll call him done. Thanks for dropping by!

:drinks

Exceptional work Mike. Your weathering is perfect for a well maintained vehicle. I really admire your incredible skill in this Hobby.

I'm digin it! I hop one day you'll enter one of your meisterpices for otters to sea! :ro: :dude :notworthy (y) :good: :salute

Back