• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Renault UE Chenillette

RichB

As Tiffy production wound down, this moved onto the line.

Start~17.jpg

Not very big, about the size of a jeep & trailer, and goes together quickly. All the major components have a coat of paint. Only the link/length tracks, vehicle tools, cargo and figures are left to do.

DSCF0012~0.JPG

I may be able to get the few decals required on later this evening and be ready for weathering tomorrow.

Cheers,
Rich

Started some weathering using Raw Umber, Raw Sienna and Naples Yellow oil paints.

DSCF0010~0.JPG

DSCF0011~0.JPG

DSCF0012_28229~0.JPG

DSCF0013~0.JPG

DSCF0014~0.JPG

DSCF0015~0.JPG

Built up the kit supplied barrels, boxes and rolls. I'll likely make up some Apoxie rolls to replace the kit ones so they sit better in the cargo areas. Also cleaned up the figures. The two infantrymen had nasty mould seams that took awhile to clean from the uniform folds. I've ordered some replacement heads as the ones in the kit aren't very good. The hands aren't the best either, but I will live with them. Heads and hands still seem to be the Achilles' heel of many Tamiya figures.

DSCF0010_28229.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Back