• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Red Two

Phil

I'd like to add this one
DSC0868S.jpg~original

Decals done with beautiful Italian Cartograf !

no troubles with these, even mashed up two rectangular boxed ones on the tail in a moment of brain fade, took them off and re positioned them, not a break.

DSC_1363D.jpg~original

DSC_1367d2.jpg~original

DSC_1368D.jpg~original

DSC_1364D.jpg~original

DSC_1366D.jpg~original

DSC_1369D.jpg~original

DSC_1370D.jpg~original

DSC_1372D.jpg~original

DSC_1373D.jpg~original

will let the Future dry then flatcoat next up.

Finally, Done.

Lots of probs with this one, broke parts and at the end the windscreen trying to get it to fit.

DSC_1477A.jpg~original

DSC_1479A.jpg~original

DSC_1480A.jpg~original

DSC_1483a.jpg~original

DSC_1484a.jpg~original

DSC_1485a.jpg~original

DSC_1487a.jpg~original

DSC_1489a.jpg~original

DSC_1490a.jpg~original

DSC_1492A.jpg~original

DSC_1493c.jpg~original

DSC_1494a.jpg~original

DSC_1496a.jpg~original

DSC_1497a.jpg~original

DSC_1498A.jpg~original

Excellent finish. The antenna just puts it over the top. (y)

I have to ask, what's the underside camo? Did they fly against giant jacket linings?

Thankyou Paul, you are too kind :drinks

Ausf, basically to stop them being shot at by their own AA guns , they were a protection squadron for Adolf Galland's elite Me 262 jet fighters - JV 44

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdverband_44#Protection_squadron_-_Die_W.C3.BCrger-Staffel

a quick pic of the "parrots"

DSC_1453b.jpg~original

Great job Phil, really like the subtle weathering.

Excellent finish. The antenna just puts it over the top. (y)

I have to ask, what's the underside camo? Did they fly against giant jacket linings?

Jeff, as Phil stated, JV44 would fly around the airfield while the ME 262s would take off and land, they were most vulnerable at slow speeds and it took them a bit to get up to speed where they were safe. Much like how the Spifires had the black and white undersides for AA identification during the Blitz.

It's a sharp looking scheme I think. Am I wrong that there are only 4 confirmed aircraft that have been IDed from this group, the rest were destroyed before they were documented. I think it was Red3, I did that someone corrected me on as not being a confirmed aircraft, only mentioned in a report somewhere.

Dear Phil.

Congratulations!... excelent job on the Dora 9...really beautiful painting job...btw, I like very much the text and the pics of the real ones :good:

:drinks

Luiz.

Back