• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ReconRon's FLAK 38 in 1:48 scale

reconron

Okay then,for CTA 2 the German 2cm FLAK 38 in 1:48 scale.
Never done a modelkit by ACE,so I'm not knowing what I'm getting myself into.

IMG_0332.JPG

Greetings,Ron.

I've never built a kit by ACE either, in fact never heard of them...

Have fun with this, it's gonna be dinky!

Tom

Okay then,found some time to do some work on this one.

Got to say that the instruction sheet from ACE is a bit confusing,I doubted where to place some parts,
so I thought it was better to pull out an old 1:35 scale model,just to see the correct place of the parts.

Added some wire to certain points as well.

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

The ACE kit provides the Sonderanhänger 51.It's a trailer used to transport the FLAK 38,but can also be used to transport a big searchlight or container for ammo and all kind of goodies.
Added some wire grips here as well.

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

Hope to see you soon folks.
Greetings,Ron.

ReconRon's FLAK 38 in 1:48 scale...black 'n grey

Now then,after a primer coat the tiny FLAK 38 and trailer got a coat of Tam Semi Gloss Black.

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

And after that Tam German Grey followed by with White lightened G Grey.
The contrast doesn't really show in the pics however.

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

Next, first will be a blue Enamel filter on selected spots before I will return to the detail painting,most of this tiny one is detail painting in my eyes.
Chips,washes and pigments will follow after that.

See ya then.
Greetings,Ron.

Ummm, how little is it?

Here you go Tom:

MEETLATFLAK.jpg

The kit has it's flaws,lacking details like grabhandles so I added some from wire.
And some stuff on the instruction sheet is a bit confusing.Having said that,I do enjoy this ACE kit.

Greetings,Ron.

Back