• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RCAF P2V-7 Neptune

mtnflyer

I;m thinking this is the official site for the "Cold War Wings" Campaign. So I'm enlisting here.

This coming weekend, I'll begin my project. It's the old Hasegawa 1/72 P2V Neptune kit. I'm hoping to transform this box of styrene parts, still with raised panel lines, into a reasonable representation of an RCAF P2V-7 Neptune.

I will take a dated photo of the unstarted parts before I begin, as seems to be the policy of the forum.

Most of you know already, that I intend to build a Neptune that spent its entire RCAF life in 407Sqn., out of Comox, BC.. 24102 served on the west coast from 1955 to 1968.

Here are a few well known historical photos of the example I wish to build:

Hope your able to follow along, and when time comes teach me how to do it. I'm afraid I'm just not all that good at it, but, I sure do have fun.

Guy

Paulw

I would like to come in on this one. 32 Hobbycraft Hawker Sea Fury. Maybe with resin goodies but lets see what I have next week. this will be a good show.

Kreighshoer

I will take a dated photo of the unstarted parts before I begin, as seems to be the policy of the forum.
for campaign entries yes!

never seen that plane, never heard of that plane, looks very interesting -> i look forward to you tackling the kit! :popcorn

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
(y)

Nice selection, good cold war subject, patrolling the coast line waiting for the coming invasion!

mtnflyer

thought I'd better post this before I begin.

This kit is old. It is the one of the few survivors after raising up 4 kids. Parts are off the sprue trees, but not a spot of glue or paint. It's good to go.

This is what I'm going to build.

mtnflyer

Before I really get going at this, I was waiting for the post to deliver a Paula AM interior.

Hasegawa's interior is just way to simplistic. I'm also thinking about soldering-up a bombardier's
safety net. With all the glass on the front end of a Neptune, you'll probably see it even in 1/72.