• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DIORAMA "GERMANY 1942"

Photos of masking process and Gun Metal in railways.

MASKING.

l000-53.jpg

l001-52.jpg

l002-53.jpg

PAINTING.

l000-54.jpg

l001-53.jpg

l002-54.jpg

l003-50.jpg

UNMASKING.

l004-47.jpg

l005-47.jpg

l006-40.jpg

END OF RAIL DETAIL.

l007-33.jpg

l008-33.jpg

l009-30.jpg

l010-32.jpg

l011-26.jpg

l012-25.jpg

I have to review some parts of this structure...

l012-25b.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll try to paint with Flat Aluminium the upper part of the rails with Flat Aluminium by Tamiya.

I hope you enjoy it!

See you.

Yago.

I have applied the flat aluminium...

I have wear a piece of clear-paper, and then I have gone sliding my finger on the rails...

l013-24.jpg

l014-22.jpg

l015-17.jpg

The result s this...

l016-16.jpg

l017-16.jpg

l018-15.jpg

l019-12.jpg

Here, a small detail of the dead end. The painting does not go to the end of the rails.

l021-12.jpg

l022-11.jpg

l023-5.jpg

The area marked in green will be blurred a little more.

l023-5-1.jpg

That's all friends!

See you soon.

Yago.

Re:DIORAMA

Brokeneagle wrote:
B) wow, this is really cooking now. I haven't seen this thread for a while and it has progressed so much.

Thank you, Brokeneagle.
I'm working hard.
This week, I'll post new photos in this thread. I'm preparing a "special naterial". Today or tomorrow, I'll starting to work with this "material".

See you!

Yago.

Hi guys!
Yesterday, I started a new step/chapter of the dio. With paste of paper, I have begun to cover the adjoining zones to the ways. Buenas, inicié el proceso de rellenado. If I have time today, I will begin to fill the space of embankment...

l000-55.jpg

l001-54.jpg

l002-55.jpg

Just like when I carried out this phase in the first section of the diorama, once drought be found the paste of paper, they will be able to go hitting the on top ballast and they will be able to apply effects of painting, etc etc. The disadvantage to do this step now, in winter, is the room temperature, that is cold and delays something more in drying.

See you!

Yago.

Hey, Yago

A very impressive build, indeed. I'd have to retire just to have the time to post the project, let alone undertake the build. I'll certainly be watching your continued progress. Keep up the great work!

Dioramix wrote:
The tracks turn out now very good.

Do not forget, in this times was a lot of oil in the gravel.

Yes. I'll put oil in the ballast/gravel. I will put small spots distributed by the traveled through of the ways.

Thanks for all and thanks for looking.

Yago.

This is fantastic Yago very impressive
I'd love to build a Diorama this size one day but i'd have to add another room to my house :blink :)

cheer's

Matt :)

Matt Beattie wrote:
This is fantastic Yago very impressive
I'd love to build a Diorama this size one day but i'd have to add another room to my house :blink :)

cheer's

Matt :)

When I was living with my parents, I had a little room, and I was dreaming with a big area to work. Four years ago, I bought a home and I did my work area in the garage. You can see this area at... 1st area. The last winter, I did a new area, more little but very useful and 2nd area.

Thanks for looking and loving my work.

See you.

Yago.

Hi guys!

I'm posting new photos of the dio. Yesterday, I began to covered the ways with paste of paper. I delayed an hour in doing the section of dead end. This night I will continue with the remainder of the ways.

l003-52.jpg

l004-49.jpg

See you!

Yago.

The last week, I've been working in the lighting tower. This is the finally tower, I think.

The steps:
1st Step - structure.

l012.jpg

l013.jpg

l014.jpg

2nd Step - fixing parts.

l015.jpg

l016.jpg

l017.jpg

3rd Step - adding details in platform and positioning.

l018.jpg

l019.jpg

l020.jpg

l021.jpg

l022.jpg

l023.jpg

l024.jpg

l028.jpg

l025.jpg

l026.jpg

l027.jpg

YAGO,

Seriously ... This is OFF The CHAIN !!! Awesome Scope !! Beautiful !!! Lookin forward to seeing it finished !! :woohoo:

ERIK

WOW.... I had missed these updates, very impressive as usual.... I too would have so much space available. I envy you .... :evil: :p

Massimo :)

Erik and Massimo, thank you so much. The dio is on sabatic year, hahahaha.
The next year, I'll do more things on it.

Thanks guys!

Yago.

Hey, Yago

Why don't you attempt something more involved next time? Like the entire city of Berlin or the European Theatre, you know, something you can't knock out in a day or two.
I've become exhausted and I think I need a nap after viewing your project.
No, seriously, you've shown us some exquisite work, my friend. Party on!

DioRandy

Mike and Randy, thanks for looking and enjoying!
This year I do not work in it. But the next year I'll work hard and try to finish some chapters of the dio.

See you!

Yago.

Back