• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RA Ju-87 G2

Paulw

Was there ever such a plane in the Regia Aeronautica? Saul? Bob? Chris?
anybody?

Not the G from what I read. If you make it a D (no cannons) I do have photos of it in Romanian, Bulgarian, and Hungarian service.

Regards,

They had B's and D's as far as I can find. The G was from what I can tell mainly an Eastern front a/c. If your looking for 1/32 then there are decal options out there to do an Italian B and D. I have the Trumpeter B-2 with Eagle Cal decals which will become an Italian bird.
James

Well I have the G2 and I was wanting to do something differnt

Leave off the cannon and you have a D series. Make it into the night intruder Ju-87D-8 version...
96362d1299757969t-ju-87d-8-o-1083161723-pmpot02i.jpg

ju87d-9.jpg

102010893.jpg

Regards,

32_11_b1.jpg

32_12.jpg

32_11.jpg

If you have a Hasegawa Ju 87G2 it can only be reverted back to a D5 standard because these had a longer wing. The G1 was built from D3 models. You could also do a D7 night fighter as this was based on the D5 airframe with the addition of flame dampers for night interdiction. A D8 though is based on the D1 and again has the shorter wings, but also flame dampers. Very few G's were built as there were teething problems and all were on the Eastern front. If you build a G2 then Rudels bird would be a historically relevant a/c, he being the foremost expert in its use. If you do want to build an Italian D model let me know and I'll rob one of my kits and send you the parts. I dont think I have any Italian markings for a D though. If you want a B model then Trumpeter has just released one and EagleCal has just released markings including an Italian bird.
James

Paul, which scale kit do you have? Mine are 1/48th scale. The wings are dedicated meaning that the G-2 kit has the longer wings and must be kit bashed with a B (or R) model to use the short wings. for the adventurous, one could simply cut and sand the wings and auilerons to the shorter profile.

You could also do a D7 night fighter as this was based on the D5 airframe with the addition of flame dampers for night interdiction. A D8 though is based on the D1 and again has the shorter wings, but also flame dampers.

James, where did you read this? I always thought the D-7 and D-8 were based on the D-3 (short wings) & D-5 (long wings) respectively.

By the way, I am not stating that you're wrong. I may have a corrupted organic filing system (ergo; brain).

Regards,

Back