• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Quad & Bedford QL portee. Quad is done.

Thanks James :) it will get dusted up and have some wash to, this weekend was busy with..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlf72srJyE
but this week i will have some time for the models (i hope) :)
//Mats

Great looking model,Mats! (y) (y) (y)

Now for our American friends,about the video;
Every year on December 6[Belgium] or December 5[the Netherlands],a Turkish bishop,Saint Nicolas from Myra [Sinterklaas] and his friends the Black Petes[Zwarte pieten]comes to our parts from Spain with his steamship
packed with presents for the kids,if they have been good.
If the kids have been bad,they are put in side a bag and Sinterklaas will take the bad ones with him back to Spain! :blink :D

Greetings,Ron.

I'm still here, not on my way to spain in a bag :D
Here is what i've done today, the center of the wheels on the bedford are still not painted, and i'm gonna do a little bit more work on the gun (wash etc.)
P1070522.JPG

P1070523.JPG

P1070524.JPG

Hope i can get some modelling time tomorrow evening, feel like it's getting close to the finnish on this one now :)
Greetings
//Mats

Thanks James :) it will get dusted up and have some wash to, this weekend was busy with.....
but this week i will have some time for the models (i hope) :)
//Mats

Great looking model,Mats! (y) (y) (y)

Now for our American friends,about the video;
Every year on December 6[Belgium] or December 5[the Netherlands],a Turkish bishop,Saint Nicolas from Myra [Sinterklaas] and his friends the Black Petes[Zwarte pieten]comes to our parts from Spain with his steamship
packed with presents for the kids,if they have been good.
If the kids have been bad,they are put in side a bag and Sinterklaas will take the bad ones with him back to Spain! :blink :D

Greetings,Ron.

So if you're a bad kid in Spain...nevermind.

Thanks for the cultural exchange lesson guys. And here I thought all my life that Santa had to make the whole world in one day on the 25th. He's broke up the trip during the whole month. That's much more believable :mpup

BTW Mats, looking great! :drinks

Thanks Ron, Pup, Sherman and Tony :), hope to finnish this one soon, It will be in a dio together with the quad but i don't think it will be possible before the end of the campaign, and i have to build the 25 pounder to, so i will just do these two trucks and the 6 pounder for the torch campaign :(
Really looking forward to start the 25 pounder from Bronco!! :)
//Mats

Almost done with the bedford, started thinking about the layout of the future diorama..... :hmmm

PC280309.JPG

The 25pdr in the pics is the one from tamiya that i built 20 years ago, (pff now i feel old again!) but it will be replaced with the new one from bronco, it will be in a dug out position and the guys preparing for battle

PC280310.JPG

PC280313.JPG

Love these frames from ikea! (y)
:soldier
Happy new year!!
//Mats

:popcorn

[couldn't find a OLIEBOL emoticon,Mats] ;)
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=oliebol&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FOliebol&ei=KPD9TszxN8ur-QaV6fyqAQ&usg=AFQjCNHrqGvfl82iyvH_lW8F18V3xnjOeg

Greetings,Ron.

gluing jerry cans...... must have something on the back of the Ql :)
Boring job but it must be done, soon time to paint them!
pics to come
//Mats

Jerry cans primed, these are german cans and not brittish, but i guess they took whatever they found, and used it :hmmm
P1070314%7E0.JPG

P1070315%7E0.JPG

Hoping to get some more work done today....yesterday i was stuck playing Zelda on the Wii :fencing
Lookin' thrue my spare parts for more stowage.
Have a nice sunday :D
:soldier
//Mats

Don't worry about the jerrycans,Mats!
It's true that the British also used German ones especially in the Afrika campaign.

:popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Here is what i have done since last update, not much have happened but it's something... :) must have it finnished before Februari so... :pinch:
P1070587.JPG

the Jerry cans glued in place, white ones for water :drinks
P1070588.JPG

P1070589.JPG

P1070590.JPG

Some small cans that got "beat up" a little :)
P1070591.JPG

Hope to have a new update tomorrow :hmmm
:soldier :soldier
//Mats

I'm done! :woohoo:

Quad
P1070632.JPG

P1070633.JPG

P1070634.JPG

P1070635.JPG

Bedford QL Portee

P1070629.JPG

P1070630.JPG

6 Pdr
P1070631.JPG

P1070636.JPG

P1070637.JPG

P1070638.JPG

Outside the campaign, now i will start building this for the Quad

PA130248.JPG

(maybe a campaign for guns and artillery soon?)
//Mats

Back