• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pz III paint and wiring question

jknaus

Administrator
Need some help guys. I cant find a good picture in my collections to show the wiring path for the front headlights on a Panzer IIIM. Anyone got a pic or schematic?
Next what colour oil paint do you use to wash a German Yellow, red and green tank? What colour for the pin washes? Really appreciate the help
James

Not sure about the wires, but I would use a Brown filter. For washes I would use a very dark brown, followed by a medium brown after letting the first wash dry a few days.

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

PZ311.JPG

PzKwIII-40.jpg

PzKwIII-41.jpg

Hope these help,

53374453.jpg

AAAPANZAFRIKA06.jpg

These photos are to show you the cabling and penetration type:

DSCN1355.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

More coming , if I see it is of use...

Thanks Saul. The backs ones for sure I can use. Still need something for the front. I think the new lights might have been a different path than the older blackout lights. Wish I could find my good ref. Might still be packed somewhere.
JAmes

The inboard ones have hull penetrations on top,
IMG_1760.jpg

the fender mounted ones have wiring that goes under the mud guards.
PZ311.JPG

Which is the one you are looking for?

Regards,

Thats the one, the second one. So through the fender and probably then into the chassis. Thanks Saul :D
James

Hello James,
my Achtung Panzer 3 book says the inner lights were deledted when they went to the M model.
The earlier inner mounts up to the M do nt look like the ones in the photo so I would guess that it is either a 'one off' field fix of a BS Museum fix.

Ian,

Yes this kit has them on the fenders like the second picture. Its the same mount and everything. The kit has the blackout covers on though. All wired up now.
James

Back