• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pulpwood Logging

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I want to do a well used, abused, high mileage pulpwood truck. Probably not a semi rig. Anyone know if a kit out there or suggestions?

:popcorn

Hmm...tractor with out the hook up thing (don't know what they call that thing).

Sounds like a LOT of work...think you just talked me into a Semi. :soldier

You want something like this:

h4f873ef.jpg

h14740d7.jpg

h49970ed.jpg

hd918f5c.jpg

Could do something like this. This pulled up when I searched Pulpwood Logging Truck on a used equipment website, so I guess it was used for that.

listing_photo_13386462743039412589.jpg

listing_photo_13386462753039412589.jpg

Thanks Adam, I'm thinking something more heavy.

What's a good source on these type vehicles? I hit my regular sites but they are weak on civilian stuff.

Thanks Adam, I'm thinking something more heavy.

What's a good source on these type vehicles? I hit my regular sites but they are weak on civilian stuff.

google "pulpwood trucks" all kinds of pictures.

Not a lot of kits out there Bob ... Here's a HO kit bash that has good photos of a kit bashed Pulpwood truck ....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92444331@N08/sets/72157632755136725

Found some tilt cabs that would be good to work with ...

h587388c.jpg

Ford C600 ... Nice long bed .... the guy on the history channel Logging series uses this one ...

hd8e9c10.jpg

Lindberg dodge tilt cab ... You would have to stretch frame ....

Didn't find any logging equipment in a ready made kit ...

Italeri had/has a 1/24-1/25 scale Opel truck. Add a GM cab of your choice for an American truck :idonno

Just thought of that

:soldier

The Opel truck I can get, where would I find the GM Cab? like from a tractor?

Terry, where's your offer? :popcorn

Back