• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ProModeler 1/48 Me-110G-4

Paint is pretty much done except for a touch-up...no matter how well I think I'm masking, I still get bloody bleedthrough! (is that redundant?)

Future is about to be applied- and then decals and then all the spindly things...
001~91.jpg

002~88.jpg

Thanks Luiz!

Hey Chuk--

Yeah it required a bit of surgery but it nestled right on in there so I'm pretty happy now ;). Thanks for the advice on fixing it-- much appreciated man!

Many thanks!

Went to start decaling tonight and luckily started with a small stencil which promptly crumbled into black specks...

So I treated it with liquid decal film and went back to framing canopies ;)

Nearly there...all fiddly bits are on-- just waiting on the clear parts to cure after I dipped them into Future- figured that would keep the decal strips in place after all that work applying them-- we will see!
006~74.jpg

005~81.jpg

004~84.jpg

That's turning out great!

I has a similar experience with Pro-Modeler decals on a Ta 154 I built years ago, some of the decals shattered when putting them in water...mostly the stencils and wing walk markings. This caught me off guard since the decals were still in excellent condition because the kit was not that old at that time.

Matrixone

Thanks everyone!

Yeah-- I had issues with the smaller ones even after applying the Microscale decal film to them-- one or two still fell apart...I basically had to soak them and wait a good 3-5 minutes before they loosened up enough to move. In the end, the damaged ones were just underside ones that no one will see anyways ;)

Hoping to get the glass on tomorrow and add just a touch of weathering-- should be done in time ;)

Back