• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ProModeler 1/48 Me-110G-4

Jeeves

OK--I realize I am nearly a bit too late to the party on this one- but damn I love this ribbon ;) Only thing I have in the stash that qualifies is this kit-- looks like a very ncely detailed kit...something of Hasagawa quality...17 steps...maybe if I do a step a day ;) Plus I have all the rest of this weekend to work on it!
Date shows up better on the sprue shot-- sorry for the quality but my normal camera battery died- and I need to get started ;)
IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

I have to say the detail on this thing is amazing....they really did a nice job on this older beast. I mean yeah there's some flash here and there-- but the details on the panels and cockpit pieces, as well as the wheel wells are almost resin-like. There even springs in the recesses of the Schräge Musik guns! I suppose the color PE would be nice to add...but I think I can nail it with some Prismacolor pencil work...

Some interior shots before everything gets shut up...

Really hard to get good detail shots when the interior is all black ;)
IMG_1098.jpg

Rear gunner station with Schrage Musik to start...
IMG_1100.jpg

Radar set deck...this probably would've looked better with some nice color zoom PE...
IMG_1102.jpg

Cockpit panel came out better I think...pretty happy with the Prismacolor effect...
IMG_1103.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Got the main fuselage and such mainly assembled...some gaps here and there to fix... and one of the rear guns came loose...but I'm waiting to set that back up until I am done fiddling around with it all...
003~90.jpg

004~82.jpg

Looks good, Mike- except for the horizontal tailplane alignment. It seems to be way off! I've done a quick search and it seems to be a problem with the kit itself. If you can pry it loose you could shim to to the proper angle. Hope this helps!

chuk

Thanks guys!

Chuk-- I'll take another look at it...I know since i took the pic, I did a bit of readjustment to where it sits in the fuselage...not sure if that was enough or not but I'll make sure and get things aligned before I lay down paint...thanks again bud!

Looking good Mike, I like that ribbon to, I think I ordered a bc-410 today, I might do that one when it gets here, coming from Carrolton, Texas, I hope you get the fuse straightened out :popcorn

Back