• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Plastic Eye Dropper Bottles

TomN

Just placed an eBay order for 50 bottles for $7.59 + FREE SHIPPING! :woohoo:

These are like Vallejo bottles, just a bit smaller, really handy for mixing
paint for airbrushing, and lots of other stuff...

Will let you know how the deal pans out, don't see how they can ship anything so cheap.

Tom

Cool, I bought all mine at Sprue Brothers. Will be interesting to see how your experience goes.
James

Well Tom you made me look. Found some on ebay and took the plunge. 200 for $26odd. Now I can mix lots of paint.
James

I was just searching for those last week. I was looking at lab or packaging supply under their product designation 'boston round'. I found a bunch that were reasonable but either high shipping or minimums kept me from grabbing them. Nothing was the even close to this price. I didn't think about the 'eye dropper' angle.

I grabbed 50 myself, even if they don't seal well (not saying they won't), it's a great deal.

Thanks for the heads up Tom!

Yeah, I bought 50 of these from some lab supply place and paid waaaay too much,
after shipping and minimum qty penalty fee (for buying less than 2500) was tacked on.

They work great, but I wanted something smaller for mixing different shades and little bits of paint.
I bought 100 .5ml bottles, these have a press fit top, and are so small and the top is so hard
to get off, they are basically useless.

Hopefully these will have the nice pop off top.

Oooh...I see my order has shipped...should be here 12/6-12/12. :D

I'll put up a little mini-review when they get here.

Tom

I was going to get some from US Plastics once I placed a bigger order, but these should do. I ordered half dram grass vials with were ridiculously cheap, like $2 for a dozen shipped. They have a nice stopper lid, but then I need to get the color into the AB without covering myself with paint. (My wife won't let me live down an episode last year when I was heading to the shop for a two minute AB session before we were going out. Of course I was wearing the brand new pair of pants she just bought me and of course I thought she was over reacting when she thought it was a bad idea. And yes of course the color cup let fell off the brush and completely splattered one entire leg with Dunkelgelb).

There's a fine balance between easy off and too easy off. I've squeezed a few Vallejos too hard, turning the dropper into a projectile. :pinch:

Mine are estimated to get here the same time. I've had good luck with getting shipments from that side of the globe in reasonable time lately, so with any luck, it'll be accurate.

Two years ago I scored 1000 pipettes for $12. These are the same ones you pay $5 for 6 at the LHS... :dude

Of course, Now I have 900 of them... Next hobby show I am bagging them up, 10 for $5. I should make a killing... :yipee

I feel your pain ausf... I feel your pain... :soldier

Got mine today, that was quick.

Look great, tips stay in tight but are removable. Airtight when the cap on, so paint should keep.

h64d4ad5.jpg

What more could you ask for 15 cents a piece?

Back