• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Phrozen Mega 8K S printer

You can look at photos all day long but you won't get a sense of how big this printer is until you see it in person. My previous printer was the Phrozen Mega 8K. The plate and vat on this are at least triple the size.
1000011611.jpg

I am glad I ordered several bottles of resin. I am looking forward to printing my first model. It may take some study before that happens!

No reason to mold or cast that lil' gem! Just push a button and (POP!) out she comes.
I wish it were instant, but an hour and a half isn't bad! Plus 8 hours to create the part. But that is a one-time thing. This can be printed over and over (but who in the world will want one?!!)

Ford, AMC, Chrysler corp. International Harvester, heavy truck manufacturers and after-market mobile A/C suppliers used the old Tecumseh/York compressor in the 1960's, 70's & 80's. Often they had service valves that allowed compressor replacement with out much refrigerant loss.
1987 saw the beginning of stouter federal regulations on R-12 refrigerant to limit the amount of leakage/loss that was allowed.
Ozone depletion causing global warming and the end on Mankind as we know it in just a few years. :blink

Anyone building a detailed model of one of those vehicles might wish for one.
A smart man might womp up the The GM A6 compressor with a single groove pulley in 1/24 scale and market them together.

Ha, so, I remember the reason I got rid of my old resin printers, cure stations, wash stations, everything. Punctures in the vat film kept happening and resin would leak onto the LCD screen, ruining it immediately, and it was $500 to replace. I had two leaks in three weeks time and Gail said "Nope, absolutely not". I kept wondering, "Why doesn't someone invent a clear screen protector?" I tried to create one but never managed it. Well, they have them now and I ordered 3 to go with my new printer. Today, the first day...the FIRST freaking day, the vat was punctured (my fault, bad lift speed) and resin leaked onto the screen protector. I replaced the protector, $10, not $500...YAY! However, the machine did not come with extra ACF vat film. I contacted the company. "To bad, so effing sad for you. We cannot replace everyone's film in the world, we will not help". $110 for 3 new films. They will be here Tuesday. Damn, one fricking day, not even that! My daughter expressed, not gently, what an idiot I am for getting another printer LOL. (She was REALLY pissed that I spent nearly $3K on new equipment when I gave away my last equipment. I thought the bug was fixed. It is.... sort of...UGH! On a happy note, fyi, the price of LCD screens has come down to $350. Still...!&^@$%#(@^!
A smart man might womp up the The GM A6 compressor with a single groove pulley in 1/24 scale and market them together.
I will let you know if I see one :bash:

Hay Greg I'm sure you have see these videos but in case you haven't give them a watch, might be helpful....

Removing resin from the screen...maybe

WOW replace the FEP is a PITA! :vmad:

Hope these help out even just a little. Good luck and looking forward to seeing more kool prints.

Not really but I can feel Greg's frustration...just trying to help alittle. :ph:
3D Printing Pro is a great channel. Thanks for reminding me. It has been nearly 3 years since I have printed, and really...I am not the brightest lightbulb in the socket...so I forget...a LOT! That's not a putdown, it's a real diagnosed thing (it's even in my service record and why I was not good at my job, which is embarrassing to admit LOL). I have the short and long term memory of an ant. If I don't use a knowledge almost daily it goes away into the atmosphere and I can't recall it. All of this is helping! Thank you.

OK, I have been learning Blender to make auto parts. These are what I have created so far. The only one that has been test printed is the Air Conditioner.
First Up: Gas and Brake Pedals
gas and brake.jpg

Next: Alternator
alternator.jpg

Next in the line-up is a door handle:
door handle.jpg

Followed By the air conditioner which you already saw:
air conditioner.jpg

I made the side mirror in two parts to that you can glue the angle of the mirror however you want to:
mirror and holder.jpg

Next is the rear bumper: I have not figured out the system for adding texture so I made the diamond pattern by hand basically, then copy copy copy!
rear bumper.jpg

Last but not least for sure is the parking brake:
parking brake.jpg

None of those beside AC have been test printed. They are just STL files right now. Figuring out how to scale the parts to be the right size has been my biggest issue. I went yesterday and with a tape measure I picked my friends Scout apart, taking every measurement for everything I can think of! I create them in real size, then in this Chitubox program I scale them to size. I have noticed, which is cool, that if an item is 11" in real life, then it is very near 11mm at 1/25 scale.

Looks like your learning curve is rather low. More of an arc I say.
It helps that I did this course 3 years ago. A lot is coming back to me as I watch the videos. I tossed my old notes unfortunately so I am writing them again.
A, Shift/A, Alt/A, Ctrl/A, Alt/Shift/A, Ctrl/shift/A, Ctrl/Alt/A, Ctrl/Alt/Shift/A, (insert a new letter for the A and keep going through the entire alphabet) all do something different LOL. If you do them in the wrong order or at the wrong time you are totally screwed.

Back