• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Paul's Retracted CTA 1/32 Revell Bf 109 G-10 Erla.

Paulw

I don't have a pic as yet but the next one in the mix is the Revell 1/32 109 G10. Acco0rding to those in the know, every thing is wrong with this kit BUT I am going to build it anyway. I most likely wont use the kit decals but will probably go with something from Eaglecals. I'll get pics up tomorrow before I start.

Paul's #2 CTA 1/32 Revell Bf 109 G-10 Erla.

OK, here are the compulsory time stamp pics. I was thinking on an R/A plane.

No laundry today, yaaaayyyy. Got bench time instead which was sorely needed. I worked the pit over as best as I could, with my eyes not behaving it is difficult to get things lined up, so I didn't go all out in the office and the belts show that. The pit is quite detailed in its own and much better than some other kits I have seen. The IP needs a bit of help but for now I think it shall suffice.While they don't click together I have had no real problems with seams or gaps. Before I went any further I sewed it up and am pretty happy with what I have so far. I also am glad to get back to building something I really like.

Thanks for looking.

Well, I hosed this build up. While trying to assemble the wings I wound up breaking one in half or actually quarter. So I am pulling this one out and going to start something I have been threatening myself to do.

Paul,
Sorry the wing snapped on your 109, in case you were going to toss the kit out would you consider sending it to me? Maybe I can repair the wing and get the model finished...I have been dying to get my hands on one of those Erla Bf 109s.

Matrixone

Paul,
Sorry the wing snapped on your 109, in case you were going to toss the kit out would you consider sending it to me? Maybe I can repair the wing and get the model finished...I have been dying to get my hands on one of those Erla Bf 109s.

Matrixone

If I cant fix it later I sure will.

Well, I hosed this build up. While trying to assemble the wings I wound up breaking one in half or actually quarter. So I am pulling this one out and going to start something I have been threatening myself to do.

Sorry to hear this Paul, we'll make note of it. List your new build as #2 again please. I'll change the title of this one as retracted.

Thanks for the consideration Paul.

The best thing to do in this situation is to set the model aside and look at it later with fresh eyes, it won't look as bad as you think and should be fixable. I have snapped a couple wings before on kits and was able to repair them but I must admit I was very angry at the moment it happened. ;)

Matrixone

Back