• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-61 Black Widow by Monogram/Revell

100_6495.JPG

Sprayed a satin coat over the upper surfaces to tone down the shine. Gary S. MLV MMXXIV

Thanks!! It's going to be a while until it's finished. I'm going to have retinal surgery this Thursday and won't even be able to read for a couple of weeks. What am I to do while on the crapper? Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_6548.JPG
100_6549.JPG

Cleaned up and touched up the canopy. The open top was attached with a strip of masking tape painted black. The panel line were accented with white oil paint. The exhaust stains will be next. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_6557.JPG
100_6559.JPG

And now for the exhaust stains, also done with oils.
100_6563.JPG

Then brown chalk was used to enhance the exhaust stains. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Last edited:
548th_Night_Fighter_Squadron_Northrop_P-61B-2-NO_Black_Widow_42-39408.jpg
BW000E.Boneyard.Lady in the Dark, 1948.jpg

Thanks Mike and Bob!! With a little work they look fine. This is being done OOB or else I would have replaced the antenna on the rt. boom with the football shaped one and painted it gray. Too bad this plane wasn't saved along with the USS Enterprise. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Back