• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-61 Black Widow by Monogram/Revell

centaur567

100_6318.JPG
100_6320.JPG
100_6321.JPG

My entry is the P-61 by Monogram/Revell. I still have Shepp Paine's insert from way back, but I'll probably do mostly OOB. I'm going to use "The Lady in the Dark" markings. If somebody has use of the other ones please let me know. A good source of info is at the P-61 Restoration Project. http://www.maam.org/p61/p61_rest.htm . Gary S. XLV MMXX

Last edited:
Did they ever fix the canopy problems? I have a sheet of Zotz for this bad boy and might be persuaded to build one. Or at least try...

I’ve always had a soft spot for the P-61. We have a giant picture of the P-61 on the heritage wall at work, along with the F-5 and YF-23.

I built this kit as a kid. Didn’t understand the concept of putting weight in the nose 😂

will be watching close :popcorn

Weight in the nose? All those Monogram kits that weren't tail sitters were supposed to have weight in the nose? Now you tell me!

I wish there was a guide of some kind that gave you the needed weight...

This is Monogram's best selling kit of all time. They include a clear part to prop the tail up. The Lightning, Airacobra and Tri-pacer have the same bit. I thought "The Virgin Widow" was the coolest P-61 nose art. I liked it so much I did a sketch of The Widow on poster board. It's still in my "Nut Department" office!
Rock On Gary! :ro:

This should assuage any of my Brother's doubts.

Attachments

• IMG_E1483.JPG
    IMG_E1483.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
Sweet! I have one of those "Do Not Disturb" door hangers! I never knew you were there too! I would have loved to have gotten together with you at that Nationals.

Did they ever fix the canopy problems? I have a sheet of Zotz for this bad boy and might be persuaded to build one. Or at least try...

Don't know if the canopy was fixed or not. Will do the best with what I have. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Vector makes a replacement clear resin canopy set (among other updates you can get for this Monogram mold):

1602556963572.png
Engines with cowls (recommended):
1602557689916.png

1602557726850.png

1602558179887.png

or just Engines
1602557513982.png

Guns...
1602557595256.png

Props and spinners
1602557962579.png

Regards,

Those parts aren't mine. Sad to say. My budget won't allow that. I just going to cobble it together as is. Need to get started on it. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Back