• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-26 Peashooter

centaur567

100_7257.JPG
100_7258.JPG
100_7260.JPG

As a New Years resolution made a few years ago, I decided to finish this 1/48th scale Hobby Craft model. I think it was because of the rigging that stopped me. On the under side fuselage and wheel pants there's no holes for attaching the wires. I've been collecting guitar wire for the wing braces for this project. I might have to fudge a bit. Anyway it's a start. The kit fit was pretty good. The instructions give no painting of the interior so I painted it Zinc chromate(forest green) when it should be aluminum. Oh well. Gary S LGB XLV MMXXIV

Nice! I built that very same kit years ago. I used high E guitar string for the rigging between the spats.

Really good to see a Peashooter . i think the interwar fighters are very much ignored by modelers. Over here the Gamecock and the Bulldog were great subjects but rarely seen on the model show curcuit

There's a great book on that era of British fighters, "On Silver Wings", by Owen Thetford and Alec Lumsden. The RAF must have been a great flying club to belong to in those days.

Back