• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

p-26 hack plane updated 10/18

fightnjoe

well as i have posted some of my work i better get you folks up to date on my current project.

i have been on a bit of a kick lately. seems i just cannot bring myself to not modify the kits. it isnt the level of most of the work here but..................

this is the hasegawa 1/32 p-26 peashooter but with my own spin.

first what i started with on the cockpit.

out-of-the-box-1.jpg

out-of-the-box-2.jpg

now with a little bit of strip, a little bit of rod, a little bit of tube, and a lot of four letter words here is where i am.

pit-10.jpg

pit-7.jpg

pit-9.jpg

pit-8.jpg

pit.jpg

pit-6.jpg

pit-5.jpg

pit-4.jpg

pit-3.jpg

pit-2.jpg

here is the kit seat.

kit-seat-1.jpg

not satisfied with that i played a little and here is what i came up with.

seat-1.jpg

mine is pop can tin, painters tape, bits of wire for the buckle, and bits of paper clips.

painted-pit-8.jpg

painted-pit-5.jpg

painted-pit-1.jpg

painted-pit-6.jpg

painted-pit-4.jpg

painted-pit-7.jpg

painted-pit-3.jpg

and then, well i had a very productive day. let me show you.

prepaint-14.jpg

prepaint-13.jpg

prepaint-12.jpg

prepaint-11.jpg

prepaint-10.jpg

prepaint-9.jpg

prepaint-8.jpg

now dont get me wrong it didnt just fall together but it was an eight hour progress session. i took a few photos and then sprayed the flat black for the shading i plan.

prepaint-7.jpg

prepaint-6.jpg

prepaint-5.jpg

prepaint-4.jpg

prepaint-3.jpg

prepaint-2.jpg

prepaint-1.jpg

and before someone points it out, yes i did see that the antenna is off kilter. that is now fixed as well as most of the little bits are now attached.

comments and criticism welcome.

joe

Re: p-26 hack plane

Neat. Looking good so far. Kind of cool rigging it before painting. Cant wait to see it in its final livery.
James

Nice progress. Interesting to see a flat black base like this, waiting for more :popcorn

thank you for the kindness.

the black base is something adopted from an armor builder. his technique changed my painting from splashing paint on to actually getting a result.

joe

how about a little color?

first i sprayed a base of od, then i put a few drops of od in the ab and added a couple of drops of gray. when i looked it over the panel lines were obscured by the paint. covered it completely. so i went back with what i had in the ab and two drops of flat black. that appeared too harsh so i added a few drops of od (just judging by eye) and then misted it over the top.

it looks better in person.

paint7.jpg

paint6.jpg

paint5.jpg

paint4.jpg

paint1.jpg

paint3.jpg

paint2.jpg

comments and criticism encouraged.

joe

many thanks for the kindness.

this is really my final mock up before putting the finishing touches on.

the engine.

mock-7_zps0a6feb2e.jpg

mock-6_zps7a5c6305.jpg

and then the mock up. the cowl is not attached. just in place for pictures.

mock-4_zps9085e55d.jpg

mock-3_zps29f5a948.jpg

mock-2_zps972a465a.jpg

mock-1_zpsaab80f26.jpg

lets see, fixed the antenna, rewired because i broke it off. detailed the engine. glued and painted the cowl. added the bars for tension. (i think that is what they are for) that is about it. i need to touch up the wheels but i think that is it. next would be putting some decals on.

comments and criticism encouraged.

joe

Back