• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Otaki 1/48 scale Ki-61 now FINISHED!

matrixone

This model has been finished for nearly three weeks and finally was able to get some pictures. ;)

The model was built O.O.B. and Aeromaster decals were used. For such an old kit it was not too bad to put together and I like the surface detail even if its overstated...better this way than none at all.

h3e9ccd0.JPG

h210c2ba.JPG

h68f6627.JPG

h8473f56.JPG

h4c1e12c.JPG

h373e31e.JPG

h46e544a.JPG

hf5ef14c.JPG

h64fe728.JPG

h46ecb22.JPG

Matrixone

More images...

Hasegawa makes a 1/32 scale model of this aircraft and when I can I will get one, this is a really interesting aircraft design.

h82fa7e3.JPG

h889ec60.JPG

hf1a0517.JPG

Matrixone

Another work of Art from the Hanger of Les ... excellent paint & detail ... One could learn a lot from You ... I like how the exhaust & gun ports aren't over powered with soot ... (y) :pilot

Always enjoy your projects, Les, but this is especially good. Really like that scuffed effect you've done around the 'high traffic' areas. Fantastic attention to detail, friend.

Ian.

Thanks Ian,ausf, and Luiz!

I look forward to adding more Japanese aircraft models to my collection even though I am not 100% sure about the camouflage colors I put on them are correct. :idonno

hf161b93.JPG

This old Otaki kit turned out okay but I am really pleased with the Tamiya Dinah that was also recently finished.

Matrixone

Back