• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Orochi M3A3 Bradley Deluxe Ed

Looks like a very nice kit, and a great review.

I've had an eye on this kit, and will have to think real hard about getting it.

Do you know if there are any plans for an interior? Meng is going to be doing an M3A3 w/ a separately sold interior, and didnt know if you know if Orochi was doing the same.

:rotf I told ya Paul, This would get Chris' attention. :soldier

I think I'd like to do a Bradley, not really into modern armor but this is a work horse. Didn't I read once that one took out a T72 in Iraq?

Hey Adam, I really don't know anything more about this kit than what is in the review. As to interiors, the Meng kit's interior is out and available. Also Orochi trak link kit is available in the $40 range I believe.

This kit was around $75 from Sprue Bros.

:rotf I told ya Paul, This would get Chris' attention. :soldier

I think I'd like to do a Bradley, not really into modern armor but this is a work horse. Didn't I read once that one took out a T72 in Iraq?

you got me! LOL

yea, I have heard and read about Bradleys taking out T72s in Iraq. The Iraqi T72s were not the boogie man we were taught it was. One of my friends disabled a T72 in Desert Storm with a barrage of AP rounds. LOL

There are two ammo bins, HE and AP, the AP bin holds 90 rounds. If memory serves, he said his gunner let loose about 40 rounds at hi rate (200 RPM) and shot up the engine deck and road wheels.
He also said that the 25mm AP rounds made hash out of Iraqi BMP 1 and 2s.

I really need to start that M2A3, (and get this reviewed kit) as soon as I can get this medical deal sorted out at home, the glue comes out!

Drinks all around! :drinks

I'd be in for that, would have to get a kit though. I built a Bradley kit about 20 years ago, and would love to do another one, especially w/ the really nice kits that have come out lately.

I'd go for a Bradley build. Am also considering picking up the Meng kits, (interior/and exterior) So I could have one open and one closed. Will have to ponder that though. :hmmm

I would like to share a nice build log I found on this kit.It does appear to be a great build,check it out

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/thread/8400/orochi-bradley-deluxe-edition-complete

I would like to share a nice build log I found on this kit.It does appear to be a great build,check it out

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/thread/8400/orochi-bradley-deluxe-edition-complete

Thanks a huge amount for that link!! Showed some things about the kit I wouldn't have been aware of. (like armor, but not a heavy duty armor person)

His videos on using the Ushi blackening on the tracks and doing the washes were extreamly helpful to me!! :woohoo: (y) My building is great, my painting , not so much. Twenty plus years off of building and every bit of the paint stuff has changed. :huh:

I have seen two build reports for this kit and both people did a great job building and painting. The funny thing is that both people missed the same detail painting. The rear of the TOW launcher is left the hull color, the "cut out" portion and the missile tube is painted the same tan.

Just a critique, not everybody knows what that box does or how the missiles are loaded.

I don't want to single out the builders, because I don't know who they are or what they know. But here is the real thing.

PA230738.jpg

I can't wait to get past some medical things so we can get a Bradley Campaign going. I'm dying to start my M2A3 myself!

Man, I need to get a kit going for me nerves! LOL

OK Chris, you are now the "Official"go to guy for Bradley info!!!

I bought the kit as it really looked to be an interesting build. It is the "ONLY" piece of modern armor in my stash.

As far as knowledge I have to plead "The Shultz" "I know noth-ing!" :huh:

I'll do my best, I lived on/in a Bradley for 3 years. I loved driving it, I loved gunning the 25mm.

Back