• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Opel Bllitz

Rusty Ratliff

Here is the old Italeri kit I done for our local model club's model in a month contest. I am not a vehicle modeler so I built it straight out of the box and decided I would use it for painting pratice. I am pleased with it, however I am going to have to do something different with the tarp. I may try draping tissue over it and making my own canvas. The model itself is old and the decals were crap so I painted on the unit insignia. Any advice or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks Rusty
2010_0129meyerkurt0054_20100129_2073365675.jpg

2010_0129meyerkurt0056_20100129_1640382501.jpg

Looks pretty sweet...
Nice paint job... You can cover it with tissue paper, or
just cut some wire and put the frame up without it...
Either way it would look kool.
Shawn

Rusty,
check out this build in the tanks section too...

First model of 2010 done
by iowabrit

He gives a great how to for the tarp.
Looks great too.

Hi Rusty.

That is a great looking Opel. The paint job is fantastic. The only suggestion would be to consider a little more dust on the undercarriage and the lower area of the bed. But it looks great just as it is really. And for the canvas cover, if you don't replace it, maybe just a coat of dullcote or two.

Gary B)

Well, I've seen lesser models from vehicle modelers :cheer:
Good work on this oldie.

Tarp could do with a coat of matt varnish and possibly some gentle dusting with light grey pigments, but all in all, this is a very nice model.

Robert

Thanks guys for the comments. I am going to try to fix the tarp this weekend. This kit was a fun quick build. I am curious how the Tamiya kit builds compared to this one.

Back