• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OMG It's got a sharkmouth 1/72 Tamiya P-51D!

jeaton01

Here's the box and the stuff:

0016p51.jpg

0026p51.jpg

0036p51.jpg

Not so much a campaign, but an open thread like "What's on your bench", thread. I have a lot of models with sharkmouths or funny faces. Just a place to show them off. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Not so much a campaign, but an open thread like "What's on your bench", thread. I have a lot of models with sharkmouths or funny faces. Just a place to show them off. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

That sounds more like, what is on your shelf! :D I do prefer to have an open campaign with no end date for Faces so we can see them from start to finish with no pressure to compete or complete.

Regards,

Here's the official start photo, I guess that's the rules. I did some preliminary painting tonight on the cockpit and landing gear parts, and drilled out the holes in the wing for a zillion bombs and rockets. No silly drop tanks on this one, gotta be in character for that fearsome sharkmouth!

0046p51.jpg

Good luck John. As I mentioned in Dave's thread there are some neat "uniques" schemed for the F-51s, I really like the Latin American variants. Cheers

Alex

Nice! I was going to say, when are we going to have a sharkmouth campaign? I like the idea of an open ended one, especially if past completed models can be added to it.

OK, here we go. What can you say, it's a Tamiya 1/72 warbird kit. I don't think it is quite as refined as the P-47D kit I built not long ago, but it's a fine distinction. The fuselage sides fit pretty tight over the cockpit, but other than that smooth sailing. Easy to paint details because the definition of detail on the parts is so good. I rubbed down the paints in the cockpit with a cotton bud and that brought out details. Truthfully, about a third of the time I spent on this model so far was looking for one of the rocket fins that catapulted, had to clean up the whole bench to find it 5 inches from where it left the tweezers. But I did get a clean bench out of the exercise.

There was a decal for the instrument panel and I used it, the seat belts are .7mm Aizu tape painted light grey with some spots of silver from the Molotow pen, transferred with a fine brush. I keep a length of the tape on hand pre-painted so it's ready when I need it.

0056p51.jpg

0066p51.jpg

0076p51.jpg

Back