• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Old photos.

I have'nt started yet but now that you mention it I'll bet the sticky stuff on the album pages can be an issue!
It must of seemed like a good idea at the time.

Tim

Well here goes some old photo"s

john1edt_1_20101121_1562432332.jpg

Me with my parents and grandmother.

maureenedt_1_20101117_1998962675.jpg

A couple of my favorites of Maureen. The one on the step was taken early 1959

john2_2_20101121_1356485012.jpg

This one was of me around Early 1959 while at Offutt AFB in Bellevue NE. Had my Tony Curtis cut????:woohoo:

john3edt_1_20101121_1104484816.jpg

Early, with part of our family. About 1962. I think this was taken right after an argument???:evil: :evil: :evil:

john004edt_2_20101121_1753769926.jpg

One of our early semi professional magical shots.

john005edt_1_20101121_1458561116.jpg

This is a shot of the house that I grew up in. The people are, our daughter in law, my sister and her husband and my mother.
Note that there is not a house attached to the left side. This is because a bomb dropped on it during the blitz and completely destroyed it. The other end of the block also had the same thing happen.
Both families were killed. My mother and I were under the kitchen table when the bomb dropped. We used to have a blanket around the edge of the table and it was like sleeping in a tent. We did have a shelter in the back garden and sometimes we used it and sometimes not. The kitchen table was very heavy with large tiger claw legs and my father always thought that it was strong enough not to collapse id the brick wall fell in on it. My father always thought that the two bombs hit simultaneously, and the blast collided in the center, and then rose up into the air and therefore the blast did not destroy the block of houses as was usual.

Enjoy :unsure:

Cheers
John

Those are great images John. I recognize that sofa or "davenport" as my grandma called 'em :) She kept all the furniture from that time. Everything was modern 1960's in her and grandad's full basement and was still in perfect condition when sold at the estate sale last year.

Your boyhood home is beautiful! Great story too.

Tim

Really nice photos John, Maureen is a beautiful woman. Were you at Offutt AFB as an exchange program or something? Forgive my ignorance but is that Canadian or UK Uniform?

Hey John! All I can say is WOW! Maureen was a beautiful young lady. You really married up, didn't you? :D

Those are some great photos, just amazing! Maureen has changed less than you! I'm not sure if I had known you then, I would recognize you today. It is amazing how the years change us all, isn't it. Most young whippersnappers think we all looked like this all our life, you know? Have they got a surprise coming!:woohoo:

Those are just great, do you have any more?

Bob

It is always great to share photos and memories, particularly the good one!

Regards and thanks to all,

OK, I found some more of my old cars. This was our 1994, 25th anniversary Trans AM. It was a special edition and they only made 2000 of them worldwide. I managed to get one for Susan. At the time I had a 1993 Porsche Carrera Targa with a huge Whale Tail. These were taken outside VLS Headquarters building in O'Fallon, Missouri in 1994. Today, it is occupied by Verlinden Productions.

Porsche-1.jpg

Porsche1.jpg

This was Susan standing beside our 1993 Corvette convertible.

93vet-1.jpg

The license number was one I had from 1985 to 2009. The motor coach still bears the VLS-1 plates until a year from now!

Susan-1.jpg

This was the day I traded it in for a brand new 1998.

Switch.jpg

Switch02.jpg

The new C-5. I loved this car!

98vet.jpg

98vet02.jpg

98vet03.jpg

While looking for these, I found an old newspaper article from 1980.

1982.jpg

More coming,

Bob

I don't get the whole car fascination..never have and never will...but the photos of family members back when are great (love the Betty Grablesque one of Maureen) and I'm having heap big fun perusing them! (y)

Sweetheart, That is because you are a female. Cars are a guy thing! Right Guys?

I agree about Maureen. We have known John and Maureen for about twenty years now. I can tell you this. I will never be able to look at Maureen the same way I have, ever again! Whoa! What a Babe! John, you are one lucky dude!

I mean you were a good looking R.A.F. sergeant, but...., Like me, you definitely married up! BTW, I have noticed for some time, how members of this site have beautiful wives! Must have something to do with plastic cement!:mpup

Bob

I just found another old car. This was in 1959, I was stationed in Fort Belvoir, VA and was dating this girl who worked as a secretary for the F.B.I. A 1952 Ford flathead. It was one of those, Drive it a mile, work on it an hour, cars, but I thought it was cool at the time!

Judy.jpg

Wow the '52 is a great Bob. Your bringing back memories of my crusing period which was in the mid '70's. The photo's from that time in my life is up in Indiana at the moment. I had a '68 Mustang that I traded for a '65 Fastback. That car was sweet. Had it painted white, all jacked up, traction bars, and the most shiny set of Classic Crager mags in town. I think one could almost get away with that look again :hmmm

You could be right about the "guy thing" Bob. NyteScrybe, guy's like to tear up, fix, tear up and tinker on just about anything and cars seem to attract that kind of abuse more than anything. It gives us an excuse to buy and use tools which are almost cooler than cars! :lol:

Tim

Couldn't say it better Tim!

You da man!

Bob

BTW, I found some good Cop photos. Too tired tonight to scan and post. Maybe tomorrow!

Thanks for looking Guys and Gals.

Tim glad you liked the sofa and surprised you recognized it and had one recently.

MP I was in the Royal Air Force and we had a detachment at Offutt AFB to turn around all our "v" bombers that landed at Offutt. That is the Victor, Valiant and Vulcan.

Bob, You are right I sure am a lucky man as are you. Love those flames. We also built our own car that was a Bradley GTII.

Saul and Gail, thanks for looking.

We thought we were the cats "Meow".

Cheers
John

Back