• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Old photos.

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
Now that Susan and I are in our "Golden Years", whatever the hell that is supposed to be, we have discovered that looking at photos of friends we never knew back then are really interesting. How about starting an "OLD PiCTURES" thread. I can go back a lot further than these, but I found these first. From 1989, I was closing in on 50 and Susan was 45.

1989.jpg

Ditto 1989

bobsusan1989.jpg

and a newer one from 1993.

bobsusanxmas92.jpg

Bob

Funny you should post these photos from the '80s today, Bob, I just saw some photos of the same period posted by Wes Bradley (not sure the surname right now) of you and Susan. Let me say, you have good taste, Susan was quite the babe! ;)

Hey Rudi,

Thanks, I always thought she was a babe too.

I didn't meet Wes Bradley until Susan was in her 40s. I'll find some in her 20s.

Here is one when I met her if you can get past the big hair! She was 19 or 20. (1965)

IMG_0002.jpg

Bob

These are great photos, sorry i'm about to muck it up.

Edisto.jpg

Edisto Island SC. Maybe 1968? Not a happy sunbather.

cottonfield.jpg

Me and my brothers, that field is a pine forest now.

Dad always thought he could do well in cotton if he kept the labor cost down.

Gees....The one in the hole.... :blink

The one in the shadow, I am the youngest but I was always bigger than my next brother.

While you are looking Andy,

Here are a few of me. First, 1957, 16 years old and did I think I was tough!!! Geez, I weighed about 140 pounds. Really scary! I'm on the left.
Brock.jpg

Me in Frankfurt in 1959, Tryin' to look like Elvis with dyed black hair and all! What a moron!
Elvis.jpg

Me as an undercover narc, 1973.
Bob1973a-1.jpg

The Inner City, 1978
Joe2.jpg

Ditto
Dude.jpg

Ditto
bob-joe-1978.jpg

Me and my partner, (Undercover days) in 1976
Joe.jpg

And last, 1983, I had to go to Germany to get a serial killer that Interpol had arrested. All the passengers on the plane were spooked when I brought him on in chains. This was taken by one of the local papers when we arrived at the airport. Later, we learned this guy was into a lot more than we knew then.

Paynes.jpg

Great stuff, you know I could really chat about the cop years all day long !!

I have loads of mates that are London coppers and having worked in Loss Prevention ( it was called security in those days) a major part of my adult life my work was intermixed with police all day long.

That college pass photo is a peach !!:)

I thought I would explain the name thing. Both my father and me were named William Robert Letterman. He went by Bill and I have always been Bob. In case anyone was wondering.

Bob

I thought I would explain the name thing. Both my father and me were named William Robert Letterman. He went by Bill and I have always been Bob. In case anyone was wondering.

Bob

You know, around these's parts...that's Billy Bob...just sayin'. :hmmm

Bob [ Sr. ] , those photos are great !!!

The first one with the butt in your mouth , ........... ya look like James Dean !!!

I'll see if the post office has some old pics. of me from when I was younger :blush:

Bob [ Sr. ] , those photos are great !!!

The first one with the butt in your mouth , ........... ya look like James Dean !!!

I'll see if the post office has some old pics. of me from when I was younger :blush:

Yeah, we were different back then. We all seemed to want to be anybody but ourselves. Schools were different. Today's kids can't spell or find Indiana on a map, but do they have self esteem!!!! Hell, we didn't even know what self esteem meant in 1957!

Let's see some oldies from you!!!

Bob

Bob

Thanks for the explanation, Bob. I'd guessed your first name was William from an email, however my curiosity had been piqued when I saw both a Bob Letterman and a William Letterman listed in the editorial team of some old Verlinden magazines I've recently come across. :)

I thought my mother was the only one that shopped at the Army/Navy store Cheyenne.
Picture001.jpg

Doing my duty up on the DEW line in Labrador(1965)
Picture002.jpg

Tony Lee:(

Back