• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Old photos.

BoB,

Cool Bike & Cars. That Bike(Z-1), wasn't that th same type as seen in th Mad Max movie ? Gotta love those Vettes !

Very Cool Stuff !!!

ERIK

Interesting stories and great pics. Bob your Vettes are awesome. I like the split windows too. It's not an old pic but thought I'd throw in a shot of my wife in my stepdad's '79. It was taken after one our clubs all day show and cruise. I was in our '66 Mustang but have to admit I was a bit jealous she got to drive the Vette in the longest run of the year haha. It has 4" sidepipes now (no heat shields) and my mom was the first one to burn her leg on 'em.

patti_1_20100829_1199014530.jpg

I looked at a new Camaro the other week when we got the Buick...She said it wasn't practical. I said I know, that's the point....:mpup

I looked at a new Camaro the other week when we got the Buick...She said it wasn't practical. I said I know, that's the point....:mpup

Based on the performance of some of my vehicles the practical thing to have would be a tow truck!

Tim

HOOD ,

How th Hell are ya' Glad you decided to Join us ! :D

Nice Vette ! Ouch. I bet those Pipes will Light Your AZZ up ! I had to Laugh though !!! Cool story ! I bet it left a mark !

ERIK

Interesting stories and great pics. Bob your Vettes are awesome. I like the split windows too. It's not an old pic but thought I'd throw in a shot of my wife in my stepdad's '79. It was taken after one our clubs all day show and cruise. I was in our '66 Mustang but have to admit I was a bit jealous she got to drive the Vette in the longest run of the year haha. It has 4" sidepipes now (no heat shields) and my mom was the first one to burn her leg on 'em.

Tim,

I really like the black ones! That is a '77 I believe. Beautiful vette, and your wife is a very pretty lady!! Lucky guy!

Bob

BoB,

Cool Bike & Cars. That Bike(Z-1), wasn't that th same type as seen in th Mad Max movie ? Gotta love those Vettes !

Very Cool Stuff !!!

ERIK

I'm not sure. It has been so long since I saw Mad Max, (I saw it at the theater), I don't remember.

Bob

Here ya' go Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwacyd9cqhQ

I think this is th same Bike ??

I also heard, it was before My time when I could drive, The AMX was a Bad Ass Car ??

ERIK

Joe2.jpg

Ditto
Dude.jpg

Ditto
bob-joe-1978.jpg

[/IMG]

Hello Bob! , Was crazy all your photos, all those of you in the police, because when I see the pictures, I have the impression of being in a movie with Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry )!!!.
You know we French we had a lot of American films, including films policeman. As a kid, (80), my friends and I have often seen the police arrested addicts. He had even once an inspector general at the time appointed CHINESE, pick all the world, for Marseille was a time your hub for drugs trafficking. Hollywood will even make a movie French Connection

Here ya' go Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwacyd9cqhQ

I think this is th same Bike ??

I also heard, it was before My time when I could drive, The AMX was a Bad Ass Car ??

ERIK

Hey Erik,

Close, but not the same. Mine was a 1975 903cc. In Mad Max, that was a 1976 1000cc. The '75 model was faster because even though they increased the cc's in '76, they also went to smaller carburetors and a '75 could blow the larger '76 away in a race!. I know, I had a bunch of buddies who liked mine so well they all bought new '76s. I always enjoyed watching them disappear in my rear view mirror!

Oh yeah! The AMX was a bad car. I wanted one, but ended up with a 1972 Javelin. It only had a chevy short block 327. Fast, and looked similar to the AMX, but wasn't as fast.

I do have pics of that!

Javelin01.jpg

Javelin02.jpg

Bob

BoB,

So, I take it You Smoked Your Buddies with th BIKE ? Sounds Cool ! I'M sure out there in Missouri you had some Flat Roads to Stretch th Legs of that Bike !

Th Javelin had some smooth lines. There's an AMX in Mad Max too I think ??

Def. A Cool collection of CARS BoB !! Fo' Sho' !

ERIK

Hello Bob! , Was crazy all your photos, all those of you in the police, because when I see the pictures, I have the impression of being in a movie with Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry )!!!.
You know we French we had a lot of American films, including films policeman. As a kid, (80), my friends and I have often seen the police arrested addicts. He had even once an inspector general at the time appointed CHINESE, pick all the world, for Marseille was a time your hub for drugs trafficking. Hollywood will even make a movie French Connection

Hi Laurent!

You are absolutely correct. I actually had a contact with the Gendarmerie in Marseille. The heroin from there was called Turkish white. During the seventies, several major busts were made with the flow coming from Marseille, so it dried up for awhile. The French Connection movie was based on one of those major busts. Detective Eddie Egan was the real cop played by Gene Hackman, (In the movie, Popeye Doyle). Since the movie was about him, Eddie actually landed a role in the movie as a uniformed sergeant. I had worked with a couple of N.Y.P.D. narcs on a couple of different cases.

There was a major incident that took place after that bust. The millions of dollars worth of heroin seized from the rocker panels of the Lincoln Continental came up missing from the evidence vault. Lots of New York cops lost their jobs over that and it brought so much attention that Marseille slowed down. Then came the Mexican Brown. That was brought in for several years and then Marseille started back up later.

I remember those days like it was yesterday! Brings back a lot of memories!

Bob

Tim,

I really like the black ones! That is a '77 I believe. Beautiful vette, and your wife is a very pretty lady!! Lucky guy!

Bob

Hi Bob, The '77 had the vertical back window. Our's (stepdad's) has the fastback window that started in '78. You are right about my wife thanks! I am a lucky guy!. There is the story about the time she caused a semi to run off in the ditch looking at her sun bathing in the yard, thats when she was in her 20's. And now at 50 she still turns the young bucks heads haha.
Anyone remember a movie about kids that would challege this mysterious guy that had a split window Vette to a road race duel in the hills of Califonia that usually ended in the deaths of the kids? Don't remember the name of it but would like to find it again.

Tim

HOOD ,

How th Hell are ya' Glad you decided to Join us ! :D

Nice Vette ! Ouch. I bet those Pipes will Light Your AZZ up ! I had to Laugh though !!! Cool story ! I bet it left a mark !

ERIK

Hi Erik!, yeah... I've been at work haha.
The pipes were custom fabricated over the winter and while we were working on them the joke was who would be the first to get burnt. Funny thing is my mom kept telling my stepdad he would be the one.
They had to get paint on them to get through the show season but will be powder coated gloss black. Suprisingly the paint held up pretty well though and look awesome black.

Hi Bob, The '77 had the vertical back window. Our's (stepdad's) has the fastback window that started in '78. You are right about my wife thanks! I am a lucky guy!. There is the story about the time she caused a semi to run off in the ditch looking at her sun bathing in the yard, thats when she was in her 20's. And now at 50 she still turns the young bucks heads haha.
Anyone remember a movie about kids that would challege this mysterious guy that had a split window Vette to a road race duel in the hills of Califonia that usually ended in the deaths of the kids? Don't remember the name of it but would like to find it again.

Tim

Duh, couldn't see the rear window in that pic. Should have read the '79 in your post! I saw the crossed flags and made that assumption. (The only difference in the '76 and '77). Got any pics of your wife back then???? Let's get postin' guys!

Bob

Yes we do Bob, I need to scan the old photo's as they are still in albums and shoe boxes!

tim

Yes we do Bob, I need to scan the old photo's as they are still in albums and shoe boxes!

tim

Tim, That's what I have been doin' since the thread started. Have you noticed how much easier the shoe box pics are than the ones in the albums? :) Makes you wonder why we put them in the albums in the first place!:idonno

No pain, no gain, right?

Bob

Had to mention this. Fox News just announced the top five cities for crime in the United States. Guess which one made number one again?

You guessed it, St. Louis!

2,700 violent crimes compared with the national average of all other large cities, 450!

Woo Hoo! Number one again!

What?, I'm not supposed to be proud of that? Oh.......

Wish I was 21 again! Know what I mean? Why watch movies when you can live 'em!

Bob

Back