• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Year's Resolution or You're KIDDING, right?

Barney

2013 or the worst year in my memory is rapidly ending, tomorrow is my 60th birthday, Tuesday and then :drinks :drinks :drinks

So? (he asks) What are your resolutions for 2014?

Finish 3 models? (y)

Build a new and improved Man Cave? :notworthy

Finally give in to that little voice and kill the Devil-in-Law? :D

or, my favorite: I ain't makin' any promises! :good:

Last year I lost another 15 pounds (Like to know where I left it!), nearly ended my relationship with my best friend, lost my house and generally screwed up everything... it was a very good year! :bang head :bang head :bang head

So, Brothers of the Plastic, let's hear you ideas, plans or fantasies?

I got a plan to drop poundage. Walking, drinking water and pushing back from the table, that's it.

Well, since I spent half of 2013 recovering from a shoulder injury my main goal for 2014 is to "NOT BREAK ANY MORE BONES". :drinks

Oh, and build lots of models. :dance

My resolution for 2014 is to be happy :D :yipee :good:

And, since we are on this topic I wish you all the very same for 2014. :drinks :drinks :drinks

I'm with Bob...gotta drop about 40 pounds before baseball season starts...don't want to be the second slowest on the team anymore :(

my (modelling) plan(s) for 2014?

donnerwetter, build a fokkin' model or at least finish der dirtyrotten 1/16 kit i started, ja!

... sheesh - just finding some time and energy to return to this hobby, that's all i wish - potzblitz!

... my fingers are itching but i'm too stressed out and my mind is not free enough ... but anyway, hoch die fahnen und vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!

well ... maybe things will ameliorate 2014 after we got rid of that scheeming pisspot @work ...

oh muppy - i know:

are you waiting?

*SIGH*

And Laura goes Caddyshack! :laugh:

I'm hoping my eye issues have been resolved and that I can get back to the bench. It's been a LOOOOOOOONG year!

Best to all!

:drinks

For life in general:

1. get more exercise
2. Prepare for the new baby. That's right, my wife and I are having number 2!!

In terms of modeling:

1. complete the basement renos and get the bench set up again to working standards
2. try to finish the 3 or 5 kits I started last year. :bang head
3. once I'm caught up on kits try hard to only build 1 or 2 at a time! :smack

Seems achievable!

donnerwetter, build a fokkin' model or at least finish der dirtyrotten 1/16 kit i started, ja!

... sheesh - just finding some time and energy to return to this hobby, that's all i wish - potzblitz!

... my fingers are itching but i'm too stressed out and my mind is not free enough ... but anyway, hoch die fahnen und vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!

well ... maybe things will ameliorate 2014 after we got rid of that scheeming pisspot @work ...

oh muppy - i know:

are you waiting?

*SIGH*

I barely understood any of that...but I know what you mean.

Mine is the same as every year...to drink and smoke more.

Tom

oh muppy - i know:

are you waiting?

*SIGH*

I barely understood any of that...but I know what you mean.

Mine is the same as every year...to drink and smoke more.

Tom

Google translator is awesome!

:rotf

Finish one model kit I want to keep (as in not for my son).

Regards,

'Bout time he learns to build his own, doncha think? :D (y)

My New Year's resolutions:

1) Continue to work out routinely at LA Fitness to drop these pounds, now that my meds have changed to something that does NOT cause weight gain!

2) Get done with all the models that have languished on my bench for a year or more. I'm tired of all these partly finished models sitting all over my hobby room!

3) Hopefully get back to my usual output for the year now that Dora is done. I'm waaaay below my usual count!

That's about it for me so far.

Back