• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New AnyZ stuff and German Generator

jknaus

Administrator
Anyz has some cool new products. Too bad I dont do 1/24, although I wonder how well it would scale down to 1/32. Take a look at this PW engine parts for a 1/24 Hellcat.
1704678154380.jpeg

1704678169583.jpeg

1704678184731.jpeg

This might be controversial but it spoils it for me. I used to love photography because it was challenge and not everyone could do it. Now a 5 year old with a phone can take pro pictures. Its the same with models. what used to be skill, getting normal parts to look special was the skill and fun, now anyone can pretty much buy models of super detail that almost build themselves....is that really fun ? I found this with my 1/24 Spitfire, lost interest in it after a few hours while the old Roden BE.2 was a challenge and fun through out the build...

I expect its just me :)

Concur, I do like adding details where and when I can but, I just bought and installed Reskit 1/32 F-14 D landing gear on a trumpeter kit and couldn’t believe the detail and fidelity of the parts, works of art in their own right but add nothing to my abilities at all.
on the other hand I’ve built 4 vac kits in the last few years (2 1/72 Broplan ATR’s an ID models 1/32 Lockheed Hudson and an ID/ Tigger 1/48 CP-140 Aurora and and enjoyed them immensely, so much so I’m going to shop for more this year just for the sense of accomplishment from the builds.

Concur, I do like adding details where and when I can but, I just bought and installed Reskit 1/32 F-14 D landing gear on a trumpeter kit and couldn’t believe the detail and fidelity of the parts, works of art in their own right but add nothing to my abilities at all.
on the other hand I’ve built 4 vac kits in the last few years (2 1/72 Broplan ATR’s an ID models 1/32 Lockheed Hudson and an ID/ Tigger 1/48 CP-140 Aurora and and enjoyed them immensely, so much so I’m going to shop for more this year just for the sense of accomplishment from the builds.
Your CP140 would be my vote for build of the year, a world away from 3D printers :dude:

Don't you know there was a debate some time in the past "It just spoils it for me that we can now cut bits of plastic off a runner and glue it together instead of carving it out of a block of wood." :lol:

Imagine a day when models are built (or not built) in the virtual world. NO actual object, only the false image viewed by people with their V/R goggles on, from some dreary little flat, in their jammies. Everything fits perfectly. the AI airbrush never spatters or clogs. No tips or tricks. No lost or broken parts. No room left to hone skills. Every build is a Gold Award or none of them are. Everyone wins every time. Club meetings and contests are attended by members in their character skins. Nobody can tell who anyone else actually is, but everyone is your friend.
Excuse me. I suddenly feel really nauseated. :sick:

Imagine a day when models are built (or not built) in the virtual world. NO actual object, only the false image viewed by people with their V/R goggles on, from some dreary little flat, in their jammies. Everything fits perfectly. the AI airbrush never spatters or clogs. No tips or tricks. No lost or broken parts. No room left to hone skills. Every build is a Gold Award or none of them are. Everyone wins every time. Club meetings and contests are attended by members in their character skins. Nobody can tell who anyone else actually is, but everyone is your friend.
Excuse me. I suddenly feel really nauseated. :sick:
With these 3d printing files are we not at that point now?
Someone had these Oculus VR headsets at one time. We had to figure out how to get them on our wireless for engineers to look at virtual drawings of products they were making.

Last edited:
A number of years ago I was messing around with a game called Starfleet Command. Another guy and I made a utility to edit the ship list and add modify ships in the list. There were others that made 3D ship models to use in the game. I did a couple of those as well using 3DStudio Max. It does take a little skill to be able to visualize and build 3D models on the computer. As a one time draftsman (for about 20 years) I found that for me it wasn't all that hard to do as I could convert 2D drawings into the 3D shapes without too much issue. Have not done any of that since, though I know I still could do it, just don't have the time to do so these days.

Is this where I post my old man yells at clouds gif.. this hobby is changing and I like it. Everyone has their own opinion. I never could scratch build very good...guess I wasn't skilled enough. So I just stuck to OOB or resin upgrades. But that does suck sometimes times to spend money on resin to break or loose a part...or it's really crap and no better than the kit part . Or the worst it didn't fit worth a damn. I'm really enjoying this 3d print stuff...there is now limit really on what can be done.. design it yourself and print... that's some kind of skill...learn CAD and make it yourself..that's skill....I guess. Anyway... here's my limited skill level on designing a 1/32 to match a recently restored p47.
Rudder_IP.PNG
IMG_20230923_230227490_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230918_203447795.jpg
LeftPanel.PNG
IMG_20230911_200339992_HDR.jpg
throttlemountV1.PNG
ElectricalSwitchPanel.PNG
IMG_20230902_121157086.jpg
MK_VIII_gunsight4d-1.PNG
MK_VIII_gunsight4.PNG
MK_VIII_gunsight3d.PNG
IMG_20230819_231447998.jpg
aero1-1.PNG
aero-1.PNG
tailwheelhub2.png
tailwheellogo.PNG

They say everyone reaches an age or time of life and they never really move on. I am currently in about 1979 :) and have been since...1979
I get modern life and life itself is a constant progression but do i really "NEED" a mobile phone ? Computer, 400 TV channels ? automatic headlamps and an air fryer ?? Well i never used to and life was just fine :) Do i need a Costa coffee at £4.00 when a whole jar of coffee in supermarket is £3.00 ? when i was a kid we carried a knife to make a bow and arrows, now its for self defence in London ?

Bloody hell ive turned into my Dad...:)

They say everyone reaches an age or time of life and they never really move on. I am currently in about 1979 :) and have been since...1979
I get modern life and life itself is a constant progression but do i really "NEED" a mobile phone ? Computer, 400 TV channels ? automatic headlamps and an air fryer ?? Well i never used to and life was just fine :) Do i need a Costa coffee at £4.00 when a whole jar of coffee in supermarket is £3.00 ? when i was a kid we carried a knife to make a bow and arrows, now its for self defence in London ?

Bloody hell ive turned into my Dad...:)
And get off my lawn! :oldguy:

@moon puppy @jknaus I should clarify..Im not even 50% done with designing this cockpit. I had a huge house project side track me. As of right now I have no plans to sell. I've entertained that idea. Also just selling the files..I see a lot of this happening now..I'm very mixed on that. This project has a lot of hours in it and I'm not even close to the finish line. This is the 47 I'm designing around. It was a very well documented restore.

Bonnie.jpg

Back