• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Never Get Out Of The Boat

It came out great! The color looked a bit too pale at first but your washes and weathering came out nice. Can hardly wait to see it stuffed with equipment.

Best regards
Mark

I am Chuck, I ordered several sheets of stuff from http://www.mecmodels.com really can't remember what they were now. I know I got some PBR beer cases, maybe some CRation boxes. :mpup

it was: US combat rations, Tiger Beer boxes and various boxes (with PBR boxes), I also added some soda boxes (for those non alcoholic GI's ;) ). posted it about a week ago so it should arrive any day now.

Mark

Mark, great news, check the mail box today and your package was there!

I gotta say I really like your products. really nice paper these are printed on, short learning curve on how to assemble. Hopefully the next ones will turn out much better tomorrow. I plan on using the PE folder to get more crisp folds.

DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

Mark, do you have stuff from any other eras?

bob, glad to see you got the stuff.

First off, don't use the PE bender on paper. This is what works for me and it will for you.

I use scissors to cut out the graphics. Unless you have a sharp CURVED blade (#15 is ideal), you end up crushing the grains. Scissors eliminate the 'hairs' you see at the edges.

Use a sharpened toothpick like a pencil to draw the fold lines on the INSIDE of the box. Here we do exactly the opposite of the first point, we WANT to crush the fibers of the paper as it does not cut them but allows for a sharp crease.

Glue over a block of balsa unless displaying open.

I know, these SBS work better with photographs.

This is the closest to an SBS I have now:

Click me... please. I like it...💋

Regards,

Last edited:
I like it! Terry's suggestion worked great, didn't read yours till just now Saul. Got a couple more to do.

I used the #11 blade to cut out the shapes then lightly scored the fold lines, not really crushing, cutting about half way through the paper. The CRations are just off the hook! But we'll have pictures later and y'all see what I mean.

Decals are on and depending on how they turn out, I may be finished.

I like it! Terry's suggestion worked great...

Was the suggestion in this thread? Even with my new glasses I did not find it. You are brave to use an #11 blade, it is far too easy to cut through the paper with it. A curved blade allows for the tactile sensation of cutting and not sliding to the sides (longer section of blade in contact).

Take a dissection class and learn about the scalpel shapes, it REALLY comes in handy! Just don't do the vivisection class.

Regards,

One of those cases where I'm working with what I got Saul. I went through 3 #11 because the tips kept breaking. Yes, it was slow going and had to be very careful but scoring worked well. Guess his suggestion was in private. Terry suggested lightly scoring the fold lines to get them to bend easier.

One of those cases where I'm working with what I got Saul. I went through 3 #11 because the tips kept breaking. Yes, it was slow going and had to be very careful but scoring worked well. Guess his suggestion was in private. Terry suggested lightly scoring the fold lines to get them to bend easier.

Well I'm glad it worked. I was a little worried when said it was not card stock.

Terry (y)

And with a shot of Future to seal everything in, I'm calling it done!

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0156a.jpg

DSCF0161.jpg

OK I have the life preserver to do, looking for that lettering and will print out the Skipper's ad. But for all intent and purpose, it's done.

Hope y'all enjoyed following along. I enjoyed this build, love these Tamiya kits!

Back