• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Never Get Out Of The Boat

Thanks guys! Getting really close to calling it done. This was a sweet little build and nice break. Maybe I can tackle those burners again and push past them...

The Brown Water Navy rides again !!! Hells' Yeah !! Moonie, This Rox !! Great job. Everything !!

Now all you need is to make a little Water base for it !! :D (y) :ro:

ERIK

Nice build Pup , I think the paint up came out great , .......... you gonna throw some Stars and Bars somewhere on that thang ?

Glenn, not going to use the Stars and Bars but I have a couple of Naval Jacks that can be used somewhere. I got an order for some Stuff to go in there, just waiting for it to show up.

Y'all hold the attaboys till I finish this little thing. Got the little bit of rigging done last night, radome, railing, canopy all installed. Just got to do the bumpers, the life preserver needs to go on, I would love to have Minnow on the life perserver, If I can find the littering I'll do it. Think I may have it in some decal sheets.

Littering is easy, just paper, some empty soda cans, used ammunition... wait, you meant lettering. I might have some dry transfers but need to check if they are still good. You ARE going to make me pull out my boat! Yet, why would it not be graffiti? S.S. Minnow with Skipper near the helm and Gilligan on the front tub?

Regards,

I think I have some LETTERING around in dry transfers, just have to find them. S.S. Minnow...I think I can hand paint that, double up on my reading glasses and under the magnifier...this could be fun!

How classic would that be??

boat_minnow.jpg

(y)

Took a couple of color dark mud pigments and slopped it around some. Figured this would be a dirty boat in the Brown Water navy. I lightly sanded the surface after to spread it out some and expose some of the primer around bump and traffic areas. Should have thought of that when the top was off and sanded the floor some.

Take a look, still some personalization to do with the stuff coming.
DSCF0120.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

Here we see cross genera application, I used Bob's Buckles from the Pup build to secure the rigging of the radome mast. Maybe Baron Von Buckles should look at other marketing schemes...

Looks great Moon (y) I wonder if the buckles wouldn't also be good for attaching insulators and aerials on aircraft.

Hi Bob,
the boat really came out good even though it sort of appears to have fallen out of the box nearly finished .

The build was not so easy to find by the way.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back