• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Never Get Out Of The Boat

Those are great products James, I really like how he gave us the broken down open boxes, notice the one with the grenade launcher prop in it, it only has two rations left in it, that's because I refused to make any more, I think there were 6 all total to use. Really nice touch. Would have liked to seen that with the cigarette carton but fine products all around.

Those are great products James, I really like how he gave us the broken down open boxes, notice the one with the grenade launcher prop in it, it only has two rations left in it, that's because I refused to make any more, I think there were 6 all total to use. Really nice touch. Would have liked to seen that with the cigarette carton but fine products all around.

I do like how the single boxes are included, but they are difficult buggers to put together. I have the same ration box set and attempted only one single box so far. Mine doesn't look as good as yours. That is one of the reasons I'm putting off my Resupply Day Shenanigans diorama until after the build completion date so I have more time to work on the various types of boxes, crates, and cans.

Cheers,
James

... that's because I refused to make any more... but fine products all around.

I do like how the single boxes are included, but they are difficult buggers to put together.

Guys (and any Gals reading),

Why didn't you use styrene blocks to fold the boxes around?

Bob, if I may offer some constructive criticism as an ex-Squid, belay those items! Plus the food container looks too clean, there ain't no maid on the boat!
CaptainMorgan%20Pirate.jpg

I need a drink of Jack Morgan Rum.
:sick:

Regards,

Hmmm. Never thought of that. Are you talking about stuff like plastruct or whatever those products are called that have like I-beams and stuff made out of white styrene?

Are you talking about stuff like plastruct or whatever those products are called that have like I-beams and stuff made out of white styrene?

Yes, also try balsa wood since one can use wood glue for the paper and block. Easy to shape too!

Regards,

... that's because I refused to make any more... but fine products all around.

I do like how the single boxes are included, but they are difficult buggers to put together.

Guys (and any Gals reading),

Why didn't you use styrene blocks to fold the boxes around?

Bob, if I may offer some constructive criticism as an ex-Squid, belay those items! Plus the food container looks too clean, there ain't no maid on the boat!
CaptainMorgan%20Pirate.jpg

I need a drink of Jack Morgan Rum.
:sick:

Regards,

And once again...I thought I was done...:woohoo: got to go dirty up the stowage.

Belay means to fasten so get the items lashed down...

Hey, these are minor things, it looks AWESOME!

Regards,

aaaaaaah ... waterskiing on the mekong river ... time to watch the mother of all war movies again!

lovely work bob!

could someone please explain to me why i would love to drink a B52 now! ;)

Nice to have fun with a kit like this. Shoot, this is about the only one that I've actually finished lately. Thanks Guys, only thing I need to do is run a wash over that life preserver to dirty it up a little, next time i'm painting I'll do that.

Good looking, great work, I like the boat. It's a nice kit. I know that an German manufacture MAIM will bring out a crew for this boat very soon.

I know that an German manufacture MAIM will bring out a crew for this boat very soon.

Excellent to learn! I need to contact them.

I for one know that I have been asked for references for a resin/PE detail set for this kit.

Regards,

This boat looks brilliant! really well done.

I believe ADV Azimuth also had a set of figures for the PBR but I never saw it so I don't about quality.
I'd really like to see this MAIM set.

This Tamiya kit simply cries out for an engine after market kit (yes I've been looking into it to do one myself but I don't think it will come to that). Not sure what this new detail set will contain (any idea Saul?) but there's already a PE set by Eduard right?

anyway; this pbr is a great contribution to this attractive group build!

Mark

Back