• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Never Get Out Of The Boat

Right you are Mike, started tonight on the PBR, funny, never took me more than about 5 minutes to finish a PBR in the past. :mpup

The Hull is complete. I think I'm going to clean it up, prime it and paint right now before doing the superstructure and weapons, add those when they are done, building, painting and adding.

Question, noticed in the decals there are labels for cases of beer, the label looks like a Natural Lite label, Natural Lite (less filling, taste great) wasn't around in the late 60s, early 70s, was it???

According to Wiki...Natural Light is an economy brand 4.2% abv reduced-calorie pale lager introduced in 1977.[17] In 2008, Natural Light received a Bronze Medal in the World Beer Cup in the American Style Light-Lager category, and The Wall Street Journal listed it as the fifth largest selling beer in the U.S.[18] Natural Ice is an economy brand 5.9% abv ice beer, introduced in 1995.

No would have worked. :mpup Thanks Gary...:woohoo:

Can anyone point me to some Bud decals in 1:35?

MOONIE,

A Google search brought up Nuttin' . No one making them ? Maybe SHARK will chime in, He might have a source tucked away. The only Beer bottles I found in 1/35th were ones with German printed labels :angry: WWII

Maybe you could get some decal paper & print them ? I also remember seeing a few pix regular COORS being th Beer of Choice. Also maybe a Heart Felt letter to th owner of Archer would yield some results .... ya' never know. Beer labels of Vietnam ! Labels for cans & bottles ?

Mmmm. Nothin like an Old Fashioned Super Icy Cold PBR though ! NOW I gotta run to Kroger & grab a six o PBR ! Dang you MOONIE !

Question, noticed in the decals there are labels for cases of beer, the label looks like a Natural Lite label, Natural Lite (less filling, taste great) wasn't around in the late 60s, early 70s, was it???

Neither was Miller Lite - Tastes Great .. Less filling.

I don't think Natty Light has/had a slogan ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwRBqB0MVf4

My bad, I never liked, and never willingly drank either. Lite Beer, why??

I think I can get creative with a color printer and decal paper at work.

Natural Light, the Honeymoon Lake beer! Here's a link to the can http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/early-vietnam-era-budweiser-flat-top-beer-can (y)

I have only seen G scale (1/24th) Budweiser beer cases with bottles and cans.

I will see what else turns up other than a Budweiser decal for the 1/35th scale Academy/MRC UH-1C Huey's seven shot rocket pod.

Regards,

It doesn't have to be the Budweiser label, just anything along those lines and current to the timeframe. No worries Saul, I got a color laser printer at work and I ain't scared of it. :mpup

Had you stated that it can be any brand, then go to Mec Models for printed cases:

Carling Black Label ( 2 kinds) beerboxes

Hamm's and Miller High Life beerboxes

Regards,

Miller, these guys would be Miller drinkers for sure! Is there a U.S. source onMecModels?

thanks Shawn, I'll check it out.

The Tamiya PBR is still one of my favourite kits ever; (don’t know exactly why, I guess it has something to do with the role this small boat played during the Vietnam conflict) it builds into a really nice model OOTB but there’s also plenty of room to put some extra detail on it. On the first I build (years ago) I replaced the provided roof structure (with canvas cover) with a simple roofstructure from wire. This allowed a better view into the steeringhouse (not to forget In Apocalypse Now the canvas cover catches fire at one point and is replaced by a roof of palmleaves).

Could luck with this nice kit, hope to see some progress pics soon.

Mark

Ps thanks Saul for mentioning the beerboxes;
there’s also a sheet with TigerBeer boxes and the Various Boxes set no. 1 contains several beerboxes: Coors, Hamm's, Pabst BR, Schlitz

Hi Mark,

Nice to see you here! I will always mention great products, especially when they are unique.

Bob, buy them directly. You will probably deal with Mark. I hope you knew you could click on the link to take you to MecModels.
;)

Regards,

The Tamiya PBR is still one of my favourite kits ever; (don’t know exactly why, I guess it has something to do with the role this small boat played during the Vietnam conflict) it builds into a really nice model OOTB but there’s also plenty of room to put some extra detail on it. On the first I build (years ago) I replaced the provided roof structure (with canvas cover) with a simple roofstructure from wire. This allowed a better view into the steeringhouse (not to forget In Apocalypse Now the canvas cover catches fire at one point and is replaced by a roof of palmleaves).

Could luck with this nice kit, hope to see some progress pics soon.

Mark

Ps thanks Saul for mentioning the beerboxes;
there’s also a sheet with TigerBeer boxes and the Various Boxes set no. 1 contains several beerboxes: Coors, Hamm's, Pabst BR, Schlitz

Thanks Mark, I can't tell you I didn't eyeball that roof and think how nice it would be to replace that thick cover with some brass rod but I'm going purely OOB on this build. Besides, I already have the roof painted with a base coat and it looks pretty dang cool! but if prodded enough, I may invest the time to make the roof... :woohoo:

Hi Mark,

Nice to see you here! I will always mention great products, especially when they are unique.

Bob, buy them directly. You will probably deal with Mark. I hope you knew you could click on the link to take you to MecModels.
;)

Regards,

Yes I did hit the site, Mark, as in BarkyMarky? Say no more, I'll get it from the source. Now, Miller or PBR??? :hmmm

Three pages and only now we get the first pictures!

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

Is it me or is the OD too light, too yellow?

You'll see some of the sub assemblies to the side.

Back