• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Never Get Out Of The Boat

Seriously doubt there will be any dios, and since I came to the realization that I don't like painting figures I doubt they will see the light of day either. This will sit on it's kit supplied little plastic mount.

the more experience you gain, the more you will like it! :)

how about an action display in full speed? you know, a little bit styrofoam, cut out the hull, add boat, water out of silicone or papier mâché ... would be funky!

C'mon, I double dare ya!

pbrmkii-d.jpg

Here are some links.

Please note that Pontos Model plans to release a 50 Cal barrel with the proper flash hider. It is 35001P1 K6 cal .50 with flashhider (limited edition) Go to PMMS in the Kit News section for it:
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/pontos.html

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69682&pid=505979&mode=threaded&show=&st=0

more later...

Regards,

Y'all keep it up, I'll end up doing it like Laura said. Full speed with wake effect. Couple of dudes hanging on.

Mike, might need to rethink that base.

Guess that's where I would need to start huh?

Great project!
I had a journalism professor in grad school who was a combat photographer in 'Nam. He showed us a shot he took of a guy standing near the stern and blasting away with an M60 -- Rambo style -- that appears in the Time-Life series on Vietnam. When asked how he got such an amazing shot, he said he was lying on his back on the bottom of the boat hoping he didn't soil himself.
How's that idea for a diorama?
Peace and Love,
Randy

Tell ya what, if someone would do the figures I'll do the boat. I can do the guy driving but sculpting and modifying figures, no way I could do them justice.

First I guess we need the Time photo to see what's going on.

Hey, Pup
Like most of my research materials, the entire series is sitting in a box in my parent's basement. Nonetheless, I believe the shot is in the "Combat Photographers" installment of the series if anybody has it handy. As you would guess, the shot is looking up at the guy blasting the weapon, so you can't see much else.
The prof told me that the photogs were expected to submit all of their film to the army. They were not allowed to keep anything. However, as he said, where there's a will, there's a way.
Peace and Love,
Randy

Wow, when did this happen? No wings and a v hull...

is this like that alter universe in Star Trek when Spock had the goatee, or the bizarro world episode on Seinfeld?

B)

Well, I have the libraries by photographer's name. So, what was your professor's name?

Regards,

Wow, when did this happen? No wings and a v hull...

is this like that alter universe in Star Trek when Spock had the goatee, or the bizarro world episode on Seinfeld?

B)

Yeah but that Spock was so much more cool than the other one. :evil:

This has really turned in to a community effort. I was content to just put it on the kit stand, now we have a full base with water and under fire.

Need to start looking into water effects, the last time I tried that it didn't turn out too well.. instead of a clear medium I think painting something will work better. These were brown water boats anyways right?

Wow, the memory banks are sparkin' and smokin' to come up with his name. He was actually on the photography side of the faculty and only gave our journalism class a one-time, how-to session featuring a slideshow of his photos. It was 1986 and, if I recall correctly, the photo was credited to the military archives. Nonetheless, the next time I'm at my parent's house, I'll pull the series out of storage and search for the photo.
Peace and Love.
Randy

Great project!
I had a journalism professor in grad school who was a combat photographer in 'Nam. He showed us a shot he took of a guy standing near the stern and blasting away with an M60 -- Rambo style -- that appears in the Time-Life series on Vietnam. When asked how he got such an amazing shot, he said he was lying on his back on the bottom of the boat hoping he didn't soil himself.
How's that idea for a diorama?
Peace and Love,
Randy

Do Vallejo do a good pooh pooh pants colour ?

Looking really forward to this Pups and please do some figures mate as I cant do planes but at least Ill try :)

please Please

More positive vibes man! The kit is sitting on the back bench right now. I looked at the instructions and it's not that difficult of a build. Should be putting some parts together in the next couple of days or next week.

Back