• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MrT'S LAST CHANCE "R.O.T. RECON(FIRST CONTACT)

Last week I was faced with the prospect that I was not going to get my MP project done. The WC57 was giving me fits :bang head the figures were not done. The base was not started and time had just slipped away. Not willing to surrender :fencing and having a day off last Friday the thought came over me to combine this project with another as in R.O.T. RECON from the Earth 2111 forum. So I set to work and last night I finished a figure dio using the well. I am sorry that the other project did not pan out and I hope my mulligan will save my Monroe Perdu bacon. So here goes there are a lot of pictures. I will try and explain as we go. Thanks for looking. Comments and reprimands are welcome.

Terry :blush:

First I prepared the base to which I applied some stuff called oven bake clay.

DSC06174.JPG

Next I traced where the well would go and removed the clay from that area.

DSC06175.JPG

I put the well in the cut out area and leveled it.

DSC06176.JPG

I choose to make the area around the well cobble stone pavement. I used lentals to make this. I read about using those somewhere :hmmm .

DSC06177.JPG

After letting the base bake in the oven for about 30 minutes I did some preliminary figure placement.

DSC06178.JPG

While the base was baking I did some finish work to my armored suits.

DSC06179.JPG

After baking I set to work finishing the base. Painting the cobblestones.

DSC06181.JPG

Painting and shading the well

DSC06182.JPG

DSC06183.JPG

Here is the finished well with more weathering and some grass added. The armored dudes have been added.

DSC06184.JPG

Here's a closer view the dull coat has not been added yet.

DSC06185.JPG

Dull coat applied. Now I'm ready for the final figure.

DSC06186.JPG

For my last figure I used a Warriors "Northern Alliance figure. I thought it would fit into our "Earth 2111" story line pretty good. I used both oils and acrylics to paint him up.

DSC06191.JPG

DSC06191.JPG

DSC06193.JPG

DSC06194.JPG

DSC06195.JPG

DSC06196.JPG

DSC06197.JPG

DSC06198.JPG

DSC06199.JPG

DSC06200.JPG

Here is how everything came out.

DSC06201.JPG

DSC06202.JPG

DSC06203.JPG

DSC06204.JPG

DSC06205.JPG

DSC06206.JPG

DSC06208.JPG

DSC06207.JPG

If my mulligan effort is ok with the powers that be. I will present this as a completed project. Once again I'm sorry the other project didn't workout.

Terry :unsure:

unusual and original figure vignette! great effort terry!

you read about that with lentils as cobblestone in my stalled berlin45 dio! what a pita adding all those lentils was! i remember well!

unusual and original figure vignette! great effort terry!

you read about that with lentils as cobblestone in my stalled berlin45 dio! what a pita adding all those lentils was! i remember well!

Yeah that's right!

Thanks Laura!!

B)

Super-cool beans, Terry! I had originally thought of using a Dust 'Bot with my well- your MaschinenKreiger dio is sweet!

Super-cool beans, Terry! I had originally thought of using a Dust 'Bot with my well- your MaschinenKreiger dio is sweet!

Thanks chukw!! I had to do something before I hit the WC57 with a hammer.

:v

Great save!! is that dodge really that bad?
Not sure i dare to start mine then.... :)
I like those mecs alot!!
//Mats

Ah yes a typical work scene. Everyone gathered around the water cooler discussing last weekends game :D

Awesome stuff Terry. Very original and cool. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Great save!! is that dodge really that bad?
Not sure i dare to start mine then.... :)
I like those mecs alot!!
//Mats

Thanks Mats!!

Not that bad you just need to start right and take your time. Something I didn't do in either case.

;)

Ah yes a typical work scene. Everyone gathered around the water cooler discussing last weekends game :D

Awesome stuff Terry. Very original and cool. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks James!!

It was more of a last ditch effort.

:laugh:

Back