• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

More celebs model than you may think!

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
Remember the great Bob Gibson, Pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals in the 60s and 70s. Bob died in 2020. His average fastball velocity was 91.9 miles per hour! Bob was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1981.

He was a car modeler!

Check this out!

74326_10202495944613789_1269902338_n.jpg

Don't forget Ned Beatty, Lex Luthor's sidekick in Christopher Reeve's Superman movies, also in many other movies, Deliverance, etc. He made a movie in St. Charles, Missouri, (A St. Louis suburb), in 1990. The name of the film was "Back to Hannibal: The local hobby shop there was Mark Twain Hobby. I knew the owner well and was there a lot. While Beatty was filming it, I walked into the store one day and there he was. And no, I didn't approach him, just looked and thought, "Wow, Ned Beatty is an aircraft modeler!!!

Also, Actor Max Von Sydow, who was in many movies, Judge Dredd, 3 days of the Condor, Conan, The Exorcist, etc., was a figure painter.

Bob

Peter Cushing was also into figure painting...

We need to get some fancy Modelers Alliance neck scarfs to wear when we're at the bench. It'll add a air of snobbery like no others have seen. 🍵

Do we remember that Vladimir Putin makes figure models? Donald Trump made plank-on-frame model sailing ships. Joe Biden couldn't choose between Play-doh and Silly Putty, but loves comic books and Daffy Duck.

How about a Modelers Alliance apron, with pockets? Starve the carpet monster!

There are lots of celebrities that have a love for train modelling.

Neil Young is also a part owner of Lionel Trains.

Ol'Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra, had a train collection valued over $1 million dollars.

Roger Daltrey (The Who) and Cliff Parsons (industrialist) conceived the Ashford International Model Railroad Education Centre over a few pints at a local pub. It opened in Dec 2019 and currently has 6 operating layouts valued at over $680,000.

Walt Disney had a 1:8 scale live steam 4-4-0 locomotive with freight cars and caboose that ran on about 1/2 mile of track around his home in Los Angeles.

Others include Sir Elton John, David Hasselhoff, Michael Jordan, Donald Sutherland, Ringo Starr and Phil Collins.

Cheers,
Rich

Nice message. also it takes a lot of different pieces to make something whole. (that's about as deep as I can get this week)

Back