• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's 75mm GMC M3 Halftrack

dollar19 wrote:
How is it you can out do even yourself? This is freakin fantastic!!

I don't know... because I suck and can only try to get better?? Dude really, it's ME! :blink

OK Mike, I'll buy a round if it gets you there. :woohoo:

moon puppy wrote: "Dude, seriously...you need to get out more often. I'm just a leech sucking up all the stuff others are doing. ..."
Okay, lets assume you're right: you're soooo good at sucking, eh?! :evil: :lol:

For the benefit of this Thread, lets just say you're having a "modesty fit", right? Why? 'Cause EVERYONE here, and not only this here newb, is of the same opinion: you're VERY good at modelling and this halftrack is an outstanding job, suck or no suck! ;) What do you think I and a bunch of others are doing here? We're trying to refine our building/painting techniques with you more experienced modellers, in other words, we're sucking too...
emoticon_nod.gif

And to top it all, I'm really new to all this, so don't be surprised if I'm surprised with a bunch of things you guys do, some of which I had never even thought possible in my wildest "plastic" dreams. :laugh:

So please accept our praises: you can be very proud of your achievements with this build!
NotWorthy.gif
And, man, please keep us updated to the development of your M3!
pray.gif

Cheers! :)
Fernao

BigDog wrote:

moon puppy wrote: We're trying to refine our building/painting techniques with you more experienced modellers, in other words, we're sucking too...
emoticon_nod.gif

Fernao

Good, then we all suck... :woohoo:

Fernao, and everyone, I appreciate the kind words but seriously. What I'm doing here is what I have learned from our Masters of TnT and everyone who has posted. I've been back in the hobby for about 3 years and active on several forums. All that time I have been trying to absorb as much info and techniques from others as I can. Hopefully you'll be able to take from Tanks and Things as much as I have taken, I can't wait to see how well you apply it to your builds.

Let's git'er done!

moon puppy wrote:
BigDog wrote:

moon puppy wrote: We're trying to refine our building/painting techniques with you more experienced modellers, in other words, we're sucking too...
emoticon_nod.gif

Fernao

Good, then we all suck... :woohoo:

Fernao, and everyone, I appreciate the kind words but seriously. What I'm doing here is what I have learned from our Masters of TnT and everyone who has posted. I've been back in the hobby for about 3 years and active on several forums. All that time I have been trying to absorb as much info and techniques from others as I can. Hopefully you'll be able to take from Tanks and Things as much as I have taken, I can't wait to see how well you apply it to your builds.

Let's git'er done!

Geeze MP, your too humble. I haven't left the hobby and I cant do what you do. Maybe if I get some lighting in the naughty corner....naw

James

Hey MP, your off to a good start with the painting. I like the shade of green you used.

I should be starting my HT next month sometime. Ken is a great motivator in that area.

Looking forward to seeing more of the painting and weathering stages.

Cheers
Rob
www.scratchmod.com

rob ferreira wrote:
Ken is a great motivator in that area.

Ken's the Bomb Rob, without his guidance I never would have finished the Lion's Roar HT or even started on this one. I can't give him enough credit.

That's right Andy, I still don't know where we're going but a meet and greet is in the works.

Iron Mike wrote:

BWHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHARHAR!

i can see so much bob in that pic! a grumpy veteran pilot doubting your praises!

now serious: your mud pushing progress is very good for a plane modeller! you still have a long road to go to reach some of the works displayed by the cracks here but you're on a good way! you're a fast learner, an apt pupil and a very talented modeller!

when you're done with this build, maybe you return to comfortable kits again and do a nice wingythingy again? or a tasca shermie!

or you leave the path of the righteous man and do something evil? maybe a beautiful tamiya panther with zimmerit? i know that you have that in your stash!

Yep Ken is a cool guy, and he lives near me (10min). we're also in the same model club. After talking to him this past weekend, I ended up buying the M4 morter carrier. I also got to see Ken's HT in person, man it looks better than in pics.
I'm following your build with great interest. Although mine will be a little worn and rusted.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Ive been looking at some of your rusty bits over in ML !!
They are brilliant, Rob

I bet having Ken at a model club makes the evening whoosh by :D

We carpool together (1 1/2 hrs both ways) and the meetings goes for 3-4 hours, so we have lots of time to talk and share ideas. Ken is one of those good guys who is willing to share his secrets, and believe I'll be picking his brain once I start on the HT's :)

Cheers
Rob
www.scratchmod.com

I know this is a bit late MP but found some more hinges.
http://www.airconnection.on.ca/ABER/ABERACC/airconnection_ABER_PE35R22.htm

For the next 5 or 6 you do.
James

PE35R22.jpg

I like the way those look. Instead of two open tonged they are closed on each end. I think that would make a more sturdy hinge. Might have to pick up some James, thanks!

Hi Bob ,
Great job on the M3 GMC . How was the fit overall ? What time period and markings do you plan on using for it ? :mpup

best regards
JOEY

Back