• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's 75mm GMC M3 Halftrack

Too cool. This is just getting better and better. And my oh my but dont them pink tweezers look pretty :laugh:. Looks good, I'm anxious to see it painted and dirty MP.
James

Moon Puppy,
Nice Rack :evil: :evil: :evil: (can I say that or do I need
to head back off to the Naughty Corner again)??? :idonno :idonno

Hey MP those tweezers are only allowed to be used on Airplanes.
Isn't that right Jenny??? :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :eek:hmy:

Shawn

Really it's all looking great from this end. :ro: :ro:

Kreighshoer wrote:
oh yeah, that's a beautiful rack!

You know i've gotten smacked for saying that once, but it was late and in a bar so it really didn't count.

Thanks everyone. I'm with you, I can't wait to see some paint on it.

:woohoo: this bad boy just gets better and better with each update. Ok, now break out the paint ;)
Seriously, this is one awesome build so far, and I must say a pleasure to follow. Oh yes and the reference material and knowledge shared by you and Ken is very much appreciated by myself and I'm sure others that have been following along.

Ken I'm ready to rust a HT now!!!!

Keep it comin Pup

Cheers
Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Hey lay off the " nice rack " comments , ..... that can be taken as a snide comment or misconstrued as a dirty crack , ...............

Speakin of dirty cracks , .............. how's your sister , ............ :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks guys, Rob I'm just the sponge Bob here. The knowledge is coming one way. Paint is coming, actually shoshed some around last night. Working on the handles for the stowage bins and got to do the gun mount up front and the mine racks (again with racks)..then primer and paint!

Short of some detail stuff to be added, major construction is done. I haven't decided on what grill to use, either closed up or open louvers, likely be closed because they are the easiest, and that's the route I'm taking now.
gmc253.jpg

The mine racks are from the M2A1 kit, it looks nasty back there but it's all going to be covered with stowage tarps and stuff. I installed them with the mines in place and didn't like it so I dremeled them off. that's why all the scratch marks there.

gmc254.jpg

gmc255.jpg

It looks a little beat up cause I wanted to look beat up. You go through Anzio and see how beat up you get.

gmc256.jpg

Door stays off till radio is painted. In front of the commander's position is the added gun mount. Not a clear picture so I went with what I thought I can see. let me know what you think.

gmc257.jpg

For those who have issues with HANDLES....the handles have been reworked. I even left one standing up
spares.jpg

And look at all the goodies I didn't use!

Prime Time coming up!

What are you gonna do with all that leftover brass, build another one??? :laugh:

Iron Mike wrote:
What are you gonna do with all that leftover brass, build another one??? :laugh:

He should go right back and finish adding it!

:laugh: just kidding. It looks really good MP. I'm looking forward to the paint more and more.
James

MP,
There is soooooooo much brass on that little beast, you had better
hope that you don't have to fly to any model contests, I think
TSA will have you on their watch list if you go though the metal
detectors with that one... :silly: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Great job and lots of fun to follow.
Shawn

Back