• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram 1/48 F-8 Crusader

dollar19

I'm pulling this one back out to the bench to finish. Im going to use AeroMaster decal sheet "Colorful Crusaders to mark this one up as a VMF 333 Fighting Shamrocks bird.

Some pre-mothball pics
IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0011-1.jpg

Picture009.jpg

I shot some paint earlier today so I'll get some new in progress shot up soon.

Have that same kit and planned on using the same markings at some point in the future lol. Looking forward to your build.

Thank you!

I got to shoot some more paint today. The topside gull gray and the white on the belly and control surfaces.

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture012.jpg

I also took some time to do a wash and highlight the bang seat. I'm still undecided about what to do with the pilot. Stick him in the pit or send him to the spares box.
Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

That's it for now. This MM gloss is taking a long time to dry, so it may be a few days before I can start the decals. I'll post up paint drying pics if anybody want some :rotf

Thanks fellas.
Not much progress this week. We had house guests last weekend and I had to shut down the bench. Today I got to spray the NMF on the tail end. Whoopie. That takes care of the major painting.

Got to laying down a few decals.....

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Thanks again.

Thanks for posting Gary. Glad someone getting some spare hours around here. (y)

Looks like that insignia could have given you some trouble, good job on it. :pilot

Back